Where is the custom VAT report that I made?

Me too! My tax reporting is also due 31st March

Any update on this?

You should all be aware that the custom tax report capability that has been discussed and is on the development roadmap (#1 at Free Accounting Software | Manager) will only provide the ability for you to design your own tax report. The developers are not adding tax reports for you.

So if you are awaiting something in anticipation of looming tax filing deadlines, you should come up with an alternate plan.

1 Like

Still working on this but it won’t take too long. It will be available by end of this month.

2 Likes

That would be great :smiley:

Looking forward to the custom VAT reports now we need to use them! :wink:

Any update on this?

Unfortunately not… :disappointed:

I didn’t forget and I do apologize. I’ve been working on it exclusively past 3 days to make the end of the month.

Anyway, this is the next feature to be added.

1 Like

The latest version contains new VAT report which works with Dutch VAT codes.

Going forward, I decided to start a project called Manager Extensions which is C# library which will contain all country-specific tax reports.

Source code is hosted on GitHub. See: https://github.com/lubos/ManagerExtensions

In future, the scope of library could be extended to cover country-specific payroll code (e.g. automatic payroll tax calculations) or ability to lodge figures with tax authorities online.

For now, the library contains all in-built tax codes and country-specific tax reports for Australia, United Kingdom and Netherlands. Hopefully more to come in future.

When you view the source code, there is Netherlands directory. Inside, you will see two files:

• TaxCodes.cs
  • VatReturn.cs

TaxCodes.cs contains list of in-built tax codes used in Netherlands. VatReturn.cs contains code which calculates tax figures and generates the report in HTML format.

Now, this is all technical and you don’t need to worry about any of this stuff if you don’t know C#. Manager Extensions library is automatically included as part of Manager so any improvements to this library will be available in newer versions of Manager.

1 Like

@lubos, sorry for the noob question. But how do we make these Manager Extensions work and where can we find it? Is it in the Report tab? Thanks!

You go to SettingsTax Codes… add applicable in-built tax codes. And relevant country-specific report will show under Reports tab.

You don’t have to install these country-specific “Manager Extensions”, they are automatically part of Manager.

Thanks @lubos!

@lubos, Not sure if this is by design or by mistake. With the UK VAT return -

VAT due this period on sales and other outputs - this should be to the nearest pence, not rounded off to the nearest pound.

VAT due in this period on acquisitions from other EC Member States - as above

VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs (including acquisitions from EC) - As Above

Net VAT to be paid to Customs (or reclaimed by you) - As Above.

Also in the section Sales and Purchases Excluding VAT - there should be four lines that are rounded off to the nearest pound. These lines are:

Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 8 figure.

Total value of purchases and all other inputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 9 figure.

Total value of all supplies of goods and related costs, excluding any VAT, to other EC Member States

Total value of acquisitions of goods and related costs excluding any VAT, from other EC Member States

I am unclear from looking at Manager Tax Codes how to fix this especially as VAT 20% is a builtin Tax Code which cannot be edited. Do we need to edit the VATReturn.cs file which I presume will then update Manager Tax Calculations in the next update?

Thank you for your hard work on this module - I can see that it took you far longer than you expected. Once we understand how we update/correct the VAT returns Forms it should be plain sailing.

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for this improvement. I translated a few minutes ago the new untranslated items, but I can’t find “VAT calculation worksheet” in the translation table. Any reason or is it perhaps my mistake.
Thanks and many greetings from the Netherlands

Country-specific reports should be hard-coded in their language since they are country and typically language-specific.

In this case, any English text should be replaced directly within VatReturn.cs file under Netherlands folder.

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t help me much yet. I can nowhere find the Netherlands folder nor the file VatReturn.cs
As it is hard-coded, is it much trouble for you to replace the text-string “VAT Calculation Worksheet” with “Concept BTW Aangifte” ? Kind regards, Hennie

The folder Netherlands with VatReturn.cs file is here: https://github.com/lubos/ManagerExtensions

It’s not on your computer, the code is hosted on GitHub.

Anyway, I just renamed the report in that folder so the next version of Manager will contain new name.

Oh I see, so I need to edit the VatReturn.Cs file within the UK to make the changes for UK Vat Return. I happen to have a github account so I will do that.

Hi Lubos,

A few things about the Dutch VAT-report. If you can change that, it is 100% okay.
The report says for instance:
From january 1 2015 until december 31 2015. This should be:
Van 1 Januari 2015 tot en met 31 December 2015 (mind the capitals in month)
Accrual basis is Transactiebasis
Cash basis is Kasbasis.
Again, thanks a lot and lots of success