Value of inventory going to inventory cost instead of inventory on hand when I raise a purchase invoice

Please I need help. I have been using Manager for some years now but I just realized something today when I opened a new business.

I realized that when I raise a purchase invoice, the value of the inventory instead of going into the Inventory Items in the Balance sheet it rather goes to inventory cost in the Income statement.

Inventory value is an asset and not an expense. This is my first time of witnessing this. Please I need help.

Kindly share your version number

I can duplicate the behaviour in Manager v23.10.20.1089 Server Edition on Ubuntu 20.04 TLS. I created a new test-business and customized it with the essential accounts including Inventory. Then I issued a Purchase Invoice.

The Summary Screen shows a deduction from the Bank account, Accounts Payable and under Expenses Inventory-cost but it does not show anything under “Inventory on hand”.

After payment of the Purchase invoice the Accounts Payable cleared as expected but still nothing under “Inventory on hand”. I am aware that @Lubos has been working on Inventory and related and may have introduced this problem.

Exactly the same happens when bypassing an invoice and immediately make a payment.

The way I read this guide https://www.manager.io/inventory-revaluations you need to disable Inventory items

Then click on Dynamic Rolling Recalculations where you will see Inventory Items checked. You need to uncheck the option.

UPDATE: I just downloaded Manager v23.10.21.1096 and as suspected it now works as desired, so you do not have to follow the steps to enable an obsolete feature to resolve the issue.

I guess that the work explained at Value of inventory going to inventory cost instead of inventory on hand when I raise a purchase invoice - #5 by VACUUMDOG had temporarily develop this issue @Umeadi reported.

@VACUUMDOG when starting a plain vanilla test business in Manager v23.10.20.1089 Server Edition on Ubuntu 20.04 TLS the undesired behaviour as described in my earlier post and reported by @Umeadi was confirmed to be an issue. I subsequently posted a fix by actually enabling Inventory Items checked under the obsolete feature Dynamic Rolling Recalculations. Updating to v23.10.21.1096 requires the setting unchecked and thus works as expected.

1 Like

I have the same problem. What is the solution?

:thinking: :smiley: :smiley:

As mentioned in the posts update to the latest version of Manager from Download - Manager.io and then uncheck under Dynamic Rolling Recalculations in Obsolete features in Settings the Inventory Items.