Is it possible to relax the excessive restrictions in these areas because it does not apply to every business everywhere.
In my example, in Bahrain, we have a compulsory defined contribution plan with the Social Insurance Organization run by the government which dictates that 7% of gross pay to be borne by Employee (Deducted by the Employer) and 12% contribution by the employer. Every month, the Social Insurance Organization issues an invoice for the total 19% detailed earlier (with variances most of the time), which we record as a purchase invoice to which payments are applied.
Ideally I should be able to record the entire invoice as an Expense and then Credit the deduction from the expense account, which is currently not possible. Currently, I have to record the invoice as a Dr. to liability account, then reverse the previous Dr already recorded in my liability account in order to get the difference which then has to be either debited or credited to the expense account. This is an unnecessary complication to an otherwise straight-forward work flow. As a consequence, to me, this increases the following:
- number of steps to be followed by my employees or my client’s employees
- More steps = more possibilities for errors
- time spent recording invoices and my cost of processing these transactions.
I propose that the user be allowed to determine the default Dr and Cr accounts for all payslip items without imposing of any restrictions whatsoever and this will accommodate almost all situations and all work flows.