Tracking code not available in 21.4.81

Thank You for Your replies, they were very helpful.

Agreed. I also need tracking code for balance sheet.

Dears,
Yes, tracking code is mainly for profit & loss accounts, But since it has been enabled for B/S accounts in the previous versions, We used that helpful tool with balance sheet accounts and built our own custom reports, So I see theirā€™s no gain of disabling it with balance sheet accounts, please leave that option up to us because it was and will be very helpful for us.
Thanks
@lubos @Tut

1 Like

Isnā€™t Custom Reports a built-in report, it being listed under the Reports tab, itā€™s just that Users determine the reporting parameters instead of being pre-set (fixed) by Manager.

It is clearly evident from the various comments above and in other related topics that quite a number of Users have adopted BS Tracking Codes, because they were "always" available, to assist them in there various workflows and the ā€œbuilt-in Custom Reportsā€ provided reports on those workflows.

And this has been acknowledge by @lubos in the topic ā€œTracking Codeā€ missing in multiple forms with ā€œOK, I get it now. So this is not as much of a reporting issue. Itā€™s more of a workflow issue where you record tracking code during purchaseā€

Manager, as it did with the BS account removal from Non-inventory items, has now disrupted / stripped / pulled the rug from under those User workflows for no valid reason, even though Manager itself has enabled Users the flexibility to develop those workflows over the past 5 years of so.

So once again, either Manager doesnā€™t understand the power and flexibility of its own software that it has provided to Users, or it is acting without regard to how it disrupts / interrupts Users with the withdrawal of a feature previously and legitimately provided.

To be quite frank, I donā€™t buy the bullsā€¦t about screen space being saved as itā€™s nonsense.
Firstly, Tracking Codes ONLY appeared if Tracking Codes were activated.
Secondly, once a P&L account is selected the Tracking Code appears even though that P&L account may not require a Tracking Code entry, so where is the screen space being saved.
Thirdly, saving screen space just for BS entries seems in to be inconsequential.

If Tracking Codes were tied to precise P&L account then the argument may have some basis but then why should Users be handcuffed to such a restrictive restraint.

In my opinion, Manager is becoming increasingly restrictive from a User input perspective without any accounting justification, yet it is an accounting software, If Manager had introduced divisional and/or project accounting features with this withdrawal of BS Tracking Codes then the change would be understandable, but it didnā€™t, therefore BS Tracking Codes should be re-instated until they are available.

Then perhaps, a conversion facility could be provided for historical data. And for the forum purist who want to argue, BS Tracking Codes were never intended, that is blā€¦dy irrelevant.

I am going to duplicate this post into other related topics.

5 Likes

I completely agree. I donā€™t see any valid reason to reduce the flexibility of the software.

3 Likes

Dears,
Few days ago I upgraded manager to v21.5.31 and I found that you disabled tracking code for B/S accounts, I have been using manager for almost two years now and Iā€™m depending on tracking code in many custom reports that I built, and now I canā€™t do that anymore, So could you please enable it again as it was.
Thanks

2 Likes