Tracking code not available in 21.4.81

HI,

I upgrade this morning to this version. Now i cannot assign tracking code to the unreconciled bank entries. Can i go back to previous version.

Hi,

Is tracking code removed. I opened old backup with older version and i could see the provision for tracking code in bank import option. I think many of our working are based on tracking code and that provision must be there.

You can select tracking code after selecting profit & loss account. Have you try that?

it is coming through p&l. But uncategorized debit and credit goes as suspense to balance sheet. When i select from there, still tracking code is not visible.

Request you to put back the tracking code in the bank account import classification form and journal entry form.

Tracking code is relevant for profit & loss accounts only. That’s why it’s revealed only after selecting profit & loss account.

If you need this for balance sheet accounts, you need to explain why you need to set tracking code on balance sheet accounts since no built-in report is using this information in any way.

When i import bank statement, if it does not have any relevant rule, it goes into suspense account of the balance sheet. It will be shown as unreconciled in the bank summary place where i can click on the number of items for which there as no bank import rule. Then i allocate manually or create a new bank rule and the dr/cr goes to those account. Now i cannot do that at all. All non rule based entry goes into the suspense in the balance sheet. Hope my screen print is relevant for your consumption

Your screen shot is not useful. It shows nothing about what you have written. The question asked of you was what your use case is for assigning tracking codes to balance sheet accounts.

i have written business rules to classify the import of entries through bank rules. In case if there is no business rule for the import, it goes to the suspense account which is a balance sheet item.

I review the import when the suspense account balance high and some of them could get allocated to a p&l account.

i can now write a residual business rule to state that all unreconciled import shall go to a p&l suspense account and then i can re-allocate. That is for the future, but existing balance will be stuck

i am attaching an unreconciled bank entry which is an expense and i must assign to a tracking code. Now i cannot assign as system by default puts in suspense account and till the previous version, i could change to expense account with reference to a tracking code.

Hope i have answered your question

thanks. sorry for inconvenience, when i selected an p&l account, tracking code does come and i could move the suspense balance entries to p&l.

As a data consitency, whether it is p&l or b/s, i assign a tracking code. at this juncture, it is not of use to me, but if feel in future, if i can take b./s on basis of tracking code, i will the consistent data inside the system. So i feel you could keep in open. Just a submission for consideration

In other words, you have no current use case. Since there is no use case, you should not expect tracking codes to appear when you assign balance sheet accounts. The possibility that you might think up a reason in the future is not adequate justification.

Tracking code is gone. my work is manly depends on tracking codes. I tried everything but now it doesn’t work. When I tried to open my files on previous version of software, it didn’t open. Can they bring tracking codes back if we report?

1. We want to do Profit and Loss Sharing with share holders. (Which share holders are only applicable for a particular project)
  2. Collect investment for particular project (Tracking Code).
    So, we need tracking code for the balance sheet also.

@lol_world, did you read the entire thread? See post #3.

@Mahfuzur_Rahman, you should use capital subaccounts for what you want, set up to match your tracking codes.

Look tracking codes for balance sheet accounts are disabled.
Tracking codes were enabled before this update for balance sheet accounts.
Tracking codes were very helpful for me to create my custom reports and for different expenditure I made on assets.

Do you know why they disabled tracking codes for Balance Sheet Accounts?
If they enable tracking codes for Balance Sheet Accounts, It will be very helpful for me.
I have to make a whole new system for my work, which is very time consuming. I have to make accounts and other stuff for my business.
Otherwise its a great software, even better than top accounting software.

1 Like

Tracking codes were disabled for balance sheet accounts because the program has always ignored them, as was already explained.

Alright!
Sorry for bothering You.
Can tracking codes will be enabled again for balance sheet accounts, it may be ignored by program but it is still a very useful feature for me and maybe for some other people.
As I mentioned before that I use tracking codes for custom reports for my business.
I will be very grateful, if tracking codes are enabled for balance sheet accounts.

1 Like