Tax payment application

Dear @lubos, thanks for your tremendous efforts.

I was doing my tax filing and had about BD6 difference coming from the opening balance, which is trivial, but still requires treatment before it becomes huge. We have already made a scheme with the Tax Authorities whereby we postponed payment of output VAT on a list of invoices. I wanted to see whether the difference is coming from the paid transactions or the unpaid transactions. I tried using the Tax reconciliation report, which is great to have, but it shows me the exact information I see using the summary >> Tax payable account except that it is summarized by transaction type, it didn’t help much.

I was wondering if we can have the ability to do the following:

• Allocate Tax payments to individual invoices similar to any other payment to vendors.
  • Be able to copy Tax Transaction Report to a new tax payment similar to copying of supplier statements to payments.

This way we can disregard whatever tax transaction that have been paid as they will not appear in the outstanding tax period, and be able to reconcile tax payable on the level on individual tax document all within the functions of Manager.io.

I have already touched on the lack of ability to allocate / apply different types of vouchers, since Manager only allows this for Sales & Purchase Invoices, but my idea was not considered seriously before. But now I have a real life example, if this helps.

Imo, I believe that we should be able to allocate / apply every transaction to any other transaction in a single account using their references. This would make reconciling less of a nightmare.

@lubos please consider this idea, or at least keep it open for voting because for me I believe this is the only true weakness of Manager.io, not being able to apply (or allocate / link / reconcile … whatever you might want to call it but it is like applying the receipt to invoice) transactions in a single account except if one of them is an invoice.

I would really truly appreciate this.

How would you propose doing this? Suppose a tax liability ability account includes input VAT on 200 purchases and output VAT on 1000 sales?

Thank you Tut. This can be done by:

Sorry, there was a typo