System Lock Date is not working

HI @Tut ,

I Just realised that our system lock is not working.

Please advised.

How do you mean it is not working?

Please show a screen image of what you think does not work?

No one else can see your data, so it is impossible to debug or check your assertion

Also say what edition and version you are using

1 Like

When I am locking the system for any specific date, Normally no once user should be able to update any entry before that day.
but I am able to change the entries even before lock date.
i am using could version 22.1.40
Capture

Show your lock date and the edit screen of a transaction you can change

Show your date format screen as well

Please first i locked my system Date
Lock Date

Then i tried to edit a JE before this lock date

and see I can easily update . its not pooping up with msge showing the system is locked for editing.

see i can easily edit the entries before lock date

I am not sure what you changed. The red lines obscure the amounts. Please note that in another discussion @lubos (Urgent - Lock Date Not Working - #10 by lubos)) made clear that

Lock date` prevents changes that would have material impact on your financial statements.

It does not lock descriptions, custom fields, etc, only the financial transactions, i.e. the debit and credit figures in your example.

@eko is right. You need to prove you can bypass the lock control and change the transaction amounts.

And show edit screens as they have information not shown in the view screen

Hi eko !

just checked that function was not aware about that we can change the non monitory details on previous entries before lock date.

Thx.

just checked that function was not aware about that we can change the non monitory details on previous entries before lock date.