Subscription Failure

Have been trying to suscribe to cloud edition to no avail. Please help.

It is not clear what your problem exactly is.
Have you tried this link:
https://cloud.manager.io/

I tried subscribing but I was told insufficient fund whereas my account is funded. Trying again severally but keep getting liink expired, request new link.

I suggest to reach out to your bank to see why the card payment is being declined. The bank can see failed attempts to use your card and they will be able to rectify the issue.

Ok, thanks.

Hello @ lubos,
I have been to my Bank, was told my card is ok, I should go and try again. I did try again but I was told the link has expired, I should request a new link, I did but same result. I dont think my Bank has anything to do with the link.
I had just discovered my initial trial which has earlier expired is now back and I did not see any link for subscription. Am confused.

I pay manually via paypal. you can try this method.
you can contact with support@manager.io

@Emeka (Same as @glowhite not sure why 2 user names), please note that Nigerian banks have limited the amount of forex one can use. Even if the quote was in Naira the actual transaction is in forex and with the limits set by the banks and CBN you will not be able to pay with a Nigerian card. Paypal may work or if you have a bank outside Nigeria that make work as well.

Ok, Thanks.
Registered one earlier but lost access, registered again with different name, suddenly access to both become possible,