Status for sales quotes

This would, in general, not be recommended. One of the principles of good accounting practice is that you never delete a transaction or record. While a quote or order does not alter your financial position, it could be very helpful to have a complete history if a dispute should develop in the future.

Let me be clear: indicating a quote was not accepted and is therefore inactive is one thing (acceptable); deleting it from your records is something else (not advisable).

3 Likes

Just wondering if this has been implemented?
or at least have an option to “move to” instead of just “copy to”.

The version,15.5.67 released Sept 28. 2015 gives you the ability to do this now. It is a wonderful feature.

Exactly what I was thinking - or even if it is “closed” so that one can still use it as a “copy” if required. But it would be REALLY AWESOME if once the quote has been accepted and it is converted into a PO, and Invoice (to supplier and customer) - it is removed or closed from the Quote page.

Another suggestion: I take deposits on an invoice - I currently have to issue two invoices for the deposits - it would be an awesome feature if I could invoice on a % deposit.

Hi Lubos,

Those would be great - however if once it has been invoiced/converted to a PO then it should be automated as accepted and a filter to the bottom.

It would also be great if there were so reports we could get on the quotations. Especially relevant when you have a lot of quotations and work being done with one client and need to itemise or discuss them with the client.

I have a few other suggestions namely:

1. In the terms and conditions - would it be possible to have two /three different options. (e.g. One section is training - and there are certain T&C’s for the training quotes); another section is construction " T&C’s differ here to the training one but is standard" - have 2/3 options would save a lot of cutting and pasting.
  2. Deposits - In our industry a deposit is required - so to save from tracking 2 or 3 invoices to one PO due to the deposits - it would be really great if a deposit % could be calculated at the bottom of the invoice and then linked to the PO (I hope that makes sense)

Thank you for an awesome user friendly product