Specific requirements for inventory reports

I’ve been asked to evaluate if the inventory reports meet the legal criteria required in Macedonia. I haven’t had much experience in working with inventory in Manager, but from what I can see (and luckily the Northwind template was published today), the reports don’t quite match the requirement. The regulation is here, although it is in Macedonian. Is there a possibility to implement this @lubos? I can translate the stuff if needed.

I believe you will get better answers if you create a test company and experiment with the program. Then, ask specific questions or make definite suggestions.

Also, your link is bad.

The link is not bad. But probably your browser has problems resolving Cyrillic letters in the URL. Anyway, here is a Dropbox link of the file.

As far as I can see from the guides and from what i tried with the test company as was provided by the Northwind template, there isn’t any report that can do this in Manager right now (reports are on page 3 and 4 of the document) - but I might be wrong, so let’s see

So, let’s begin with page 4: form “ЕТУ” (ETU) or list of trade services. As far as I understand trade services refers to services done in connection with trade: so if I’m selling you something than shipping would be a “trade service”. This report should have all the details about such services. The closest thing in Manager is the report Sales Invoice Totals by Item, although what I should be looking at is Sales Invoice Totals by Non-inventory Item with few additional columns.

ETU then has a header Name of company and address and 9 columns:

1. Number
  2. Date of transaction
    Three four and five are accounting references:
  3. Number of document
  4. Type of document
  5. Name of document
  6. Name of services
  7. Price of services including VAT
  8. VAT
  9. Price of services including VAT for which payment has been received

I will write the other three reports in additional replies.

I don’t think the program is likely to be modified with such country-specific reports. After all, there are more than 200 sovereign territories in the world, each with its own reporting requirements for taxes and other things. That’s why the Export function exists, so we can extract data and manipulate it as required.

All the data needed by this report are already in manager so it is a mater of display and formating.

But let’s say it is not possible, then how can get this report by exporting?

It is going to be a multi-step process, because you are looking for detailed information, sometimes at line-item level, with a bunch of cross-referencing.

The thing is accounting is 50% about communicating what is going on - so reporting is key. If I have to do a multi-step process with by-hand cross-referencing I just as well might start doing the report by hand in Excel from the beginning, and if I do the same with 3-4 more reports then what is the purpose of the accounting software?

But aside from this rhetorical question, here are the rest of the forms for future reference in case the developers decide to provide additional reports, or more flexibility in designing reports - since as I said most (if not all) of the data are already in Manager.

So, page 3, the first two reports are somewhat connected. I will describe the second one first. It is called “ПЛТ” (PLT). It is somewhat available in Manager via inventory value movement but not quite. PLT is basically value movement but per vendor. The header has the information of the company buying the inventory items and the vendor.

The columns are as follows:

1. Number
  2. Type of document, date and number (say details of the invoice for buying the items)
  3. Name of items as stated on the invoice
  4. Type of quantity (say kilograms or pieces)
  5. Quantity
    Purchase price
  6. Unit price
  7. Amount
    Entry VAT
  8. By unit
  9. Amount
  10. VAT code (%)
    Sale Price with VAT
  11. Unit price
  12. Amount
    Total (sales) VAT
  13. By unit
  14. Amount

Then, the first report “ЕТ” (ET) on the PDF is a somewhat simplified PLT:

1. Number
  2. Date of transaction
    Accounting references
  3. Number and name of document (say invoice)
  4. Date of document
    Purchase
  5. Column 10 of PLT (+ returns etc.)
    Sale
  6. Total value of sales including VAT

Finally, there is “МЕТГ” (METG) which is a report per wholesale item.

The header has the name and address of the company.
Then the name of the product, the location (warehouse) and Type of quantity (say kilograms or pieces)

1. Number
  2. Date of transaction
    Three four and five are accounting references:
  3. Number of document
  4. Date of document
  5. Name of document
    6-11 is quantity
  6. Incoming
  7. Price
  8. Outgoing
  9. Price
    Balance
  10. Material
  11. Value

Since Manager already has the data, this is really about constructing framework getting data out. I have some new ideas how to approach custom reports so I hope this will be possible soon.

3 Likes

I am bumping a really old thread here, but I am curious.

@lubos has there been any progress on the feature to build this type of reports?