Request. Tax codes batch creation, update and delete

Is it possible to implement the batch creation, update and delete of tax codes

Probably not, because editing of tax codes retroactively affects every transaction where they have previously been used. So unless you created a tax code in error or have never used it, they should never be updated or deleted. Obsolete codes are handled by inactivation.

Ok. So let’s say create. In Italy it is required by law to declare the VAT typology and the VAT register… so if you have 4 VAT register you will have something around 40 taxes (4*10) to enter in Manager

What do you mean by “VAT typology” and “VAT register?” Currently, there are three in-built Italian VAT tax codes. All you have to do is select and create them under Settings:

55%20AM

Are those not adequate? If not, why not?

There are at least 15 vat code at 0%. And by law you have to indicate the whole law and article even for the 4%, 10% and 22%.

Some examples:

You cannot write only Iva 22%. But “Iva 22% DPR 633/1972”.

You cannot write Iva 0%. You have to write “Escluso Iva art. 15 DPR 633/1972”, or “Esente Iva art. 10 DPR 633/1972”, or “Esente Iva art. 8 DPR 633/1972” and so on… (You have many other articles of 0% and are all considered different tax codes).

Than as I told in a different thread, you can have different register (Registro) for different types of invoices. Let’s say that you are a real estate company that both develop (Sviluppo) and rent (affitti).

So you will have “Iva 22% DPR 633/1972 - Registro Sviluppo”, “Iva 22% DPR 633/1972 - Registro Affitti”.

There are two ways to make manager compliant to the Italian law… adequate the default tax code to the actual laws (I can help @lubos doing this) but then you’ll have the problem of the registers or give the possibility to batch create/update/delete the codes in order to do this quickly

This is normally @lubos’s preference. But I wonder why no other Italian user (there are many) has ever mentioned such a need. You will need to provide links to official documentation of such requirements.

Here is the law 633/1972

http://def.finanze.it/DocTribFrontend/getAttoNormativoDetail.do?ACTION=getSommario&id={75A4827C-3766-4ECC-9C45-00C8D6CDC552}

Are there many jurisdictions where you have to submit invoices details to the tax authorities?

In Ireland, you submit a VAT return quarterly with basic information (Total sales/purchases by VAT code, VAT due or Reclaimed) and that’s it. If you are audited, then , yes, you have to be able to justify your return but you do not have to submit detailed information on a monthly basis.

I can see that if you have to report detailed invoices by multiple VAT codes by multiple sources then that is an onerous requirement. Presumably, the Tax authorities then use the information to cross check that everyone is VAT compliant - the compliance costs must be enormous even if they are shared across companies and tax authorities. The tax authorities cost are borne by the taxpayers, so hopefully the costs are justified by the tax recouped frm the taxpaying companies

Reading through translations of the law, I do indeed see many reasons for 0-rate taxation (exemption) and comprehensive lists of the types of activity or sales subject to taxation. But I could not find specific requirements to reference the applicable section of the law, only the requirement to indicate the rate. I also did not find, after expending some reasonable search effort, any requirement to indicate all the different types of business (which is what I assume you meant by “typology”).

Now, I admit it is difficult to make a comprehensive search when you are translating one short section at a time with automatic translation software. So I could well have missed the provisions you clearly believe are there. Can you point them out more specifically by article number and section?

Here is a nice vademecum

Thank you for the additional information. As I read both this and the law (in translation), you could satisfy all requirements for exempt or zero-rated transactions by a note in a custom field rather than a discrete tax code. And I still see no mention of a requirement to note the type of business involved, only tax rates and citations for applicability of exemptions.

You cannot since you have to calculate the pro-rata for each kind to see how much vat you can recover at the end of the year.

About the different vat list they are called “sezionali”. Here is some examples:

Keep in mind that you shouldn’t look only at the laws in Italy but also at the regular clarifications made by the “Agenzia Delle Entrate”.

For now, you will need to create tax codes manually but in future it will be possible to create tax codes in batch.