Request for Quotation

The first expiry date was visible inside this form (Request for Quotation) which is no more. All the RFQs status are active now in Purchase Quote form. Expiry date in this Form is very important. Put this expire date status back in the “Form”.

You cannot impose an expiry date on a quotation from a supplier. That is the supplier’s privilege. If you want to change the status of a purchase quote, check the Cancelled box on its Edit screen.

ok and Noted

Sorry but I disagree as also posted in another discussion. If you operate in an environment where inflation rates are almost daily increasing you have to have an end-date where your quote is no longer valid to the supplier. We have many fights with suppliers who delay and then then want more than we put in our RFQs. I honestly do not think it can harm one bit if Manager would enable it for those like me who would benefit from it like the businesses we support and manage. Thanks for understanding this use case.

You do not quote to suppliers. They quote to you. And in your situation, you can add a custom field for an expiry date imposed by the supplier. There is no risk to you in accepting a quote your supplier was not smart enough to place an expiration on.