Report all incoming purchases of an inventory item

First off, I apologize if this has already been discussed - I couldn’t find it in a search.

We manufacture items and many of the parts can come from several potential suppliers. I would really like to be able to get a report of all the purchases of a specific item over a specific time period showing me all the suppliers and the various prices we paid - by inventory item. In essence a purchase history for a specific inventory item.

I didn’t see a way to do that in the Custom forms or through the inventory tab. Am I missing something?

Start with this. (Edit for the inventory item you are interested in.)

Unfortunately, unit price is not exposed for custom reports, so you will have to export the report to a spreadsheet and add a column to calculate that. You can also adjust grouping or add Supplier as a separate column.

OK - I tried and got it to work about halfway. My biggest problem is that the Supplier name will NOT show up on the report which is kind of the point. Attached is what I chose for the report. What did I get wrong?

Well, the supplier name shows for me if I add it to my original report specification. I don’t have time to experiment with your work for you. Start with exactly what I had in my prior post. Change one thing at a time until you discover the one that produces a result you don’t like.

The other thing you might find easier is to drill down from the Summary page on the Inventory on hand account, then select the inventory item you want a report on. Use the Search and Sort features, then export the result and manipulate further in a spreadsheet.