Recieved Cheques on Hand Can be Paid by Selecting in payment voucher

I can’t find any option for cheque received in payment option. it will be very useful if i get full detail of cheque in hand so we can pay very easily without manully writing it in description box on payment voucher. for example i received a cheques from customer then i did all data entry of cheque like cheque number, date and bank. so the Manager.io should register all cheques when receiving. when i have to pay to supplier i just have to select cheque on hand wallet which it will show me all cheque’s detail’s with amount so i can easily select and pay it to my suppleir or any payables.In current synario i have to write all cheque detauils manually two time on receipt and on payments voucher. i know copying voucher option is available but if this option is implemented managing payment and regognizing cheque will be very easy.

Sorry, I do not understand what you are doing

A cheque is a payment from a bank account

If you receive a cheque from your customer, normally you lodge it to your bank account.

Can you explain what you do, please

I don’t know where you think the program would get information on cheques received unless you import your bank statements. See the Guide: Import bank statements | Manager.

What you mean by a “cheque on hand wallet” I can only guess. There is no record of a payment in Manager, by cheque or any other means, until you enter it.

Your statement about writing details two times, on receipt and payment voucher, makes no sense at all. A monetary transaction is either a receipt or a payment.

So I am with @Joe91. I do not understand what you are trying to do.

1 Like

If I understood you correctly, you don’t have a checking account but you accept cash cheques from customers (that you never encash) and instead just hand them over to your suppliers.

Basically you’re using cash cheques as bank notes, right?

you are right. we accept cash cheques from customers and somtimes we deposit into our bank accounts or sometimes the cheque are passed to our payables. so in whole market this type of practice is common. so we do not focus on the cheque’s bank account, we just note receiver’s name as we don’t know the same cheque we paid to payables can be received from a customer. so its a whole circle in market.

My problem is that as we received cash cheque, so it will be easy if Manger registers cash cheque information so we can get record of it.
When Doing Payments we don’t have to mention cheque Details again
Many Cheques are passed from more than 3 Companies and then it can be returned from bank on Clearing. So we can have full track of Cheque as Cheque is a Unique mode of Payment not like Cash

@daniyal1, you need to understand more about receipts and payments and the distinctions between bank and cash accounts in Manager. Receipts and payments are specific movements of funds into or out of the business. When you receive into or pay from a bank account, you are entering a distinct transaction tied to a specific payer/payee, the bank as source or repository of funds, and your business. You are specifically not entering a cheque, as you may think of a cheque. You will notice that nowhere in Manager is the term cheque used. Cheques are just means by which funds are represented, really no different from a cash note.

When you receive into or pay from a cash account, you are entering a transaction in which no bank is involved. That is, the three-way relationship described above does not exist. So if you are conducting commerce with what might be called a “cash cheque,” that is really just a privately issued note that substitutes for hard cash. It might go from a customer to you, to a supplier, then to a supplier’s supplier, etc. Like hard currency, however, it is essentially untraceable for accounting purposes. (That is why such forms of exchange are illegal in many countries.)

So you need to treat such transactions as cash transactions. And if you want to record details about the instrument of exchange, you will need to add custom fields to your receipt and payment forms. In effect, that would be like recording the serial numbers on hard currency used in a cash transaction.

1 Like

@Tut i totally uderstood that how it works normally around the world, there are some Accounting software in market which provide this feature as this is very common and mostly used practice in third world countries where Digital Payment are not used much. So that is why i was curious to know that we can do this Manager? Thanks for Helping

@daniyal1 Could you not just set up another cash account and call it cheques on hand?

i am doing this, i have two cash account. Cash at Hand and Cash at Bank
i want to track cheques like if i want to pay cheque i simply have to select one and just pay fast

That’s really bad and I don’t think it would be a good idea to incorporate such a bad business practice into the design of the software.

However @daniyal1, don’t fret yet, idk what lead you to this situation but there’s a simple workflow that would streamline your situation.

Steps to follow:

1. Create a cash account called: Cheques in hand and another account called: Cleared cheques.

2. When a customer pays you, just keep the chq# in the description and use the Cheques in hand cash account.

3. Later when you pay the supplier, edit the original receipt and change the account to Cleared Cheques.

4. Copy the original receipt to a payment.

This way your Cheques in hand account is just going to contain cheques actually in hand.

You can adapt this method as well by maintaining the receipt (“cheque”) status in a custom field, this way you can use just 1 cash account and you can filter your receipts by account and status to get the list you want.

1 Like

Sorry but countries like the Netherlands do not even allow any kind of cheque anymore. @Tut is right to highlight this practice a being illegal in many countries.

1 Like