Receipt for foreign currency

I’ve received payment from an overseas client. When I select “receive money” from a local client, a receipt is generated and the sales invoice is marked “Paid in full”. I am now trying to do the same for my overseas client but the receipt deducts a little money off the balance, places it into another column, and the sales invoice is still labeled as unpaid.

My base currency is set. My bank account is set. I’m doing exactly the same as for a local client, but not getting any results.

Any ideas why.

I hope you can see the image.

When you are doing the overseas client receipt are you entering both currency amounts - R under unit price and GBP under optional

0000000 Bug 1

Hello,

Yes this is what mine looks like. Should I be changing anything? The unit price in ZAR is wrong, I’ve set the client up with GBP and it shows up in the sales invoice as GBP so I actually do not know why it reverts to ZAR here.

Many thanks, I have figured it out. J I created a new cash account with GBP as the currency. Received the money using that account and it worked.

Yes, you should be entering the GBP amount in (at optional) as well as the ZAR amount.

You would only do this if you had an ACTUAL GBP cash account.

Thanks Brucanna.

I’m not understanding what you mean by “you should be entering the GBP amount in (at optional) as well as the ZAR amount.”. Do you mean I should manually convert the GBP amount to ZAR?

What I mean is this - if you sent your client an Invoice for GPB 300 and they sent you GPB 300 as full payment but this equalled ZAR 225 - then in the Receive Money you show both the ZAR 225 under unit price and the GPB 300 under (at optional).

This way Manger knows you received GBP 300 against the Invoice for GPB 300

Thanks, tried it and it worked.