Re: Accumulated Depreciation

I noticed that the custom built report for Balance Sheet is not showing the account Accumulated Depreciation like:

Machinery
Less: Accumulated Depreciation
Net Book Value

Can we format it to make the Balance Sheet look so professional? Thanks.

1 Like

You can set the order your accounts appear in Settings/Chart of Accounts

You apoear to be a new user

Before posing questions here, you should read the guides, which often answer any question you may have

Thanks Joe91. I read but no format if you can illustrate the link with accumulated depreciation format is greatly appreciated.

Are you using the built-in depreciation accounts?
Have you created custom depreciation accounts?

Show a screen copy of your Chart of Accounts?

Just asking questions without screen images makes it almost impossible to answer your question - I have absolutely no idea of how you have structured your accounts

This guide has an aexample of what you are trying to do Add custom control accounts | Manager
This guide explains how to structure your chart of accounts Build a chart of accounts | Manager

Venjo, also consider using the Fixed Asset Summary report to supplement the Balance Sheet.

What you suggest is not a standard presentation of balance sheets. They typically show an asset account accumulating acquisition costs and a contra asset account showing accumulated depreciation. Book value of underlying assets does not normally appear explicitly.

I also find that format more informative. To achieve it use I use manually created Balance sheet groups as described here

Which in a test business in Manager results in the following Summary page format
Book Value