Purchased inventory not reflecting on Balance sheet

I am currently facing an issue related to inventory accounting in my software, and I am seeking your expertise and guidance to resolve it effectively.

Here’s a brief overview of my situation:

I recently recorded a purchase invoice for the acquisition of 10 iPhone 15s at a cost of 5,000,000 each, resulting in a total invoice amount of 50,000,000. My expectation was to see the following entries reflected on my home screen:

1. Inventory on Hand: 50,000,000
  2. Account Payable: 50,000,000

However, I have encountered a situation where the 10 iPhones I purchased appear to have been directly categorized as inventory cost (cost of sales) on the profit and loss statement. This is not the desired accounting treatment, and I am seeking assistance to rectify this issue.

I kindly request your assistance in understanding how to correctly record this transaction in my accounting software to ensure that the 10 iPhone 15s are properly accounted for as inventory on hand and that the corresponding accounts payable are accurately reflected.

Your insights and advice will be greatly appreciated as I work to resolve this matter efficiently and maintain accurate financial records in my software.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

You need to state what edition (Server, Cloud, Desktop) and version number you are using

Also you could show the Journal view of the Purchase Invoice

Have you setup your “Inventory on Hand” under “Current Assets” group in your Chart of Accounts?

Usually that’s a built-in account but maybe that has changed now

I am using version 23.10.9.1030, see the attachment

Version 23.10.9.1030, see the attachment

Show your chart of accounts and the edit screen of the Inventory Item

You need to change the Group of the account to Assets

Currently experiencing the same issue I am realising that the system is not doing valuation of stock

Thank you brother, this has resolved my problem

1 Like

My inventory in not doing valuations and as a result nothing happens on the balance sheet

@Terence, your link to a PDF was deleted because it was a security threat to others on the forum. Please capture and post screen shots directly.