Pro-Forma Invoice - still in the pipeline?

yes you right… Even I do not recommend it… I think that she just want to change the heading name…
but she is doing a wrong Accounting method… So…i Delete my that post…

Well in that case, i will need to maintain my proforma invoices under Sales quote to avoid future backlog if Manager has an update for Sales Order to affect the inventories.

As Manager never had a Document Tab for Proforma Invoice, we considered Sale Order to be used as Proforma invoice.

My concern now is with my data that is already under Sales Order.
Will that be affected with the future update of the software?

It is not a certainty that there will be such an update. The point is to follow correct practices that would avoid such situations if they arise.

That’s true.

We use Sales Order for our internal process as Order Confirmation. PI were issued only if a customer requested.

Glad to know that Sales Quotes are Proforma Invoice and the header can be customized.

Thanks!

this is a correct practice.

the heading can be directly edited when making a Sales Quote or Proforma Invoice. You do not need a custom theme for it. Just make sure you have the correct heading or set a heading as default which would be mostly used, in your case Sales Quote.

Thanks again!

If I were you, I would begin the process of converting sales orders to sales quote-based pro forma invoices. Neither leaving them as they are nor converting them will have any financial impact, because neither sales orders or sales quotes are financial transactions. As @sharpdrivetek said, there is no guarantee the sales order module will ever change. But since you have been using it for something entirely unintended, you run the risk of being caught out if changes do occur.

Unfortunately, you cannot use the Copy to… function, so if you have a lot of such pro forma invoices, the job may be tedious. (The fact that you cannot use this function is a sign of just how unrelated the two forms are.) However, depending on exactly why you have created pro forma invoices, you may be able to delete them without replacing them.