Possibility of Requiring Separate Mono Framework Installation for Mac OS X

Did that and got the following:

Manager.app: valid on disk
Manager.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

That means digital signature is OK. I wonder if anyone else has this problem. I’m not able to reproduce it on my Mac.

@smi89, do you see this problem with constant queries on whether to deny or allow incoming connections, apparently regardless of firewall option settings?

As much as I hate to say it, the problem seems to have been solved by the standard Windows remedy: reboot the machine.

Since performing your requested Terminal test for the digital signature I’ve done the following:

1. Installed the latest version 16.4.46. Behavior persisted and Terminal signature test produced identical results.

2. Rebooted.

3. Launched Manager without seeing connections question. At this point, Manager was listed in the firewall exceptions list and auto-acceptance of incoming connections for signed software was enabled.

4. Removed Manager from the exceptions list. Relaunched without seeing connections question. While Manager is open, it appears automatically in the exceptions list. After closing, it automatically disappears. (All this with auto-acceptance still enabled.) This behavior makes sense.

5. Disabled auto-acceptance of incoming connections. Manager still launches without connections question and functions normally. (I’m not sure what might happen at this point if I rebooted. It might throw up the question.)

So it looks like the critical factor was the reboot. Let’s consider issue resolved. I’ll get back to you if it crops up again. Thanks.

Through a fair bit of testing and checking, I think this may have still been linked to the executable having been renamed.
The code signing was showing valid but not being accepted and failing gatekeeper’s checks.

Likely related to this, rdar://23614087: Gatekeeper (syspolicyd) doesn’t properly re-assess a new app at an old path when its CFBundleExecutable’s name changes.

A restart or killing ‘syspolicyd’ should reset the code signing cache, at which point it seems happy with everything again. Will need to wait for a new release to see if that keeps as a permanent fix, or if something’s amiss and needs to be done each new version.

Tut, I didn’t have the firewall enabled, so I don’t get those messages, but did when I turned it on. I do expect the two issues to be related though.

1 Like