Phone number Field for Customers and Supplier

Any chance of adding a separate field for Phone/fax of the customers and suppliers. Also, a Person names as a field. Sometimes when we are dealing with a bigger company they have a different person in charge of different tasks, but still, use distribution email methods. To address it to the particular person and clearly visible request if there is an option to add a field while entering customer or supplier data.

you can create custom fields. read about it in the guides section.

Thanks, sharpdrivetek. will try this. Not sure exactly as I failed last time when I tried.

follow the instructions provided in guides correctly. you can ask for help if you encounter any specific problems.

I think those field should be in Manager by default.

all optional fields were converted into custom fields from version 17.12.41

The reason they are not, @maxon, is they are not essential to anything Manager does. The program does not use the phone numbers. Like many other pieces of information, if you want them, you can put them in and have them show in lists or on documents. But the program no longer assumes what you do or do not need.

I use several custom fields on the Customers module. Two of those are the ‘contact name’ and ‘phone number’ (the ones you’re asking for), and it works quite well.

Since you mentioned you had trouble last time, if you run into issues again, you can:

1. Check the guides for advice: https://guides.manager.io/
  2. If still stuck, ask here and we’ll do what we can.
1 Like

I will try for sure. Will poke if need any support. Thanks