Petty cash & bank transaction under separate reports

How it is possible to take the Petty cash Report on Daily Basis from Report section, when we ask for report, it will show a complete report include bank transactions everything

use separate cash accounts for cash and bank…

yes but when go into report section and ask for cash summary , it will show all transactions… we want cash account and bank separately

I don’t know if this will meet your needs, but try pasting into the Custom Report:

SELECT Date, Account, Reference, Description, Amount FROM GeneralLedgerTransactions where Account = “Cash & cash equivalents — ExactAccountName” AND Date = DateTime(2017,06,10)

where ExactAccountName is the name of your cash account. Adjust the date as needed.

1 Like

Can you please suggest step by step. i will be thankful

Sure, but first I’ll point out that you can go to the Cash Accounts tab in Manager, click on the balance of your Petty Cash account. If the listings are not already sorted by Date, click on the column heading that says “Date” to sort the listings. What you see on the screen can be exported to a spreadsheet. Are you sure that you can not use this for your analysis?

Here is how to use the Custom Report:

• First take note of the exact name of the account for which you want a report. I have an account named “Petty Cash” so I will use that name for this example.

• Highlight the following line and copy it:

SELECT Date, Account, Reference, Description, Amount FROM GeneralLedgerTransactions where Account = “Cash & cash equivalents — Petty Cash” AND Date = DateTime(2017,06,10)

• In Manager, click the Reports tab, then the Custom Reports link,

• In the box that says in gray letters, “Select *From…”, right-click and then left-click on Paste. The line you copied will be pasted into the field,

• Find in the words Petty Cash and change them to the exact name of your account,

• Change the date as necessary,

• Click on the Run button.