Organising invoices by type of work done

Hi,

I am not the person using Manager, that is our finance person, so I apologise in advance if my request is a bit opaque.

The scenario is that we have customers on our system for whom we do a variety of work (reoccurring, ad hoc, etc) and we’d like to be able to track and separate these matters.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance,
James

you can create a custom field for sales invoices with drop-down list and set as a column.
for each invoice you then select the appropriate option. now in the invoices list page, you can either search for it to show only the related transactions or you can click the column heading to sort wrt the options.

Thank you for the advice, as well as the prompt response.

Would it be possible, using this system, to, for example, pull up the total figure invoiced for a particular custom field, and that sort of thing, or would it have to be done manually?

edit

For some further clarification, this is in the context of different people/departments within the company doing a variety of work for a particular client, and needing to track this appropriately.

under the Reports section, you have a report called Sales Invoice Totals by Custom Field.
you may want to check that.

Awesome, thanks again for the information.

I see there’s ‘Sales Invoice Totals by Customer’ and Sales Invoice Total by Custom Field’.

What I’d like to be able to do then, is generate a report which contains: Customer A and all instances of Custom Field matter A and a second report with Customer A and all instances of Custom Field Matter B, etc, etc.

please note that you cannot combine two or more reports in Manager.
the Sales Invoice Totals by Customer and Sales Invoice Totals by Custom Field are separate reports.
but you can always export the data to a spreadsheet program and combine them there to suit your needs.

Thanks for your advice and assistance.

Also look into tracking codes: Manager Guides

Awesome, I shall do so - It looks as if tracking codes will fulfil one of our requirements perfectly. Thanks for the advice.