Object.Lines.Account is missing in Api records when SO is copied to SI

When pulling out Sales invoice records from API I noticed that the Object.Lines.Account is sometimes missing, see table below.

Sales inv api

It seems this happens when Sales order is copied to Sales invoice. If new Sales invoice is made manually, without copy from Sales order, this does not seem to happen.

Is this an bug ?

Manager accepts entries without account selection. These entries will automatically go to suspense.

You can verify this by checking the edit screen of the transactions in question.

No, it is not. Sales orders do not have accounts, so when you copy a sales order to a sales invoice, nothing is copied to the Account field. When the sales order is copied, an Edit screen for the sales invoice appears. You need to select a posting account prior to clicking Create.

When sales order for item 1000 ABC is copied to sales invoice the account Inventory sales is automatically used, see fig. Manager does know that is the account to use when selling inventory items. Still the Inventory sales account is not transferred to Api records which seems counterintuitive.

the account is greyed

Manager v22.1.59 checking API for a) test sales invoice that was directly entered based on a test inventory item and assigned to sales-inventory and b) test invoice based on a sales order for the same item shows the following “output”

Based on sales order:

{
  "IssueDate": "2022-03-01",
  "Customer": "776ec2e5-d143-4bcc-b3ae-3245693f3bf7",
  "SalesOrder": "816e4f82-6d47-4815-8d34-eae53391ebf9",
  "Lines": [
    {
      "Item": "ea2793b3-ebc6-49e5-a826-1c70be4c90a8",
      "CustomFields": {},
      "Qty": 51,
      "UnitPrice": 300
    }
  ],
  "CustomFields": {}
}

and based on direct entry:

{
  "IssueDate": "2022-03-01",
  "Customer": "776ec2e5-d143-4bcc-b3ae-3245693f3bf7",
  "Lines": [
    {
      "Item": "ea2793b3-ebc6-49e5-a826-1c70be4c90a8",
      "CustomFields": {},
      "Qty": 1,
      "UnitPrice": 500
    }
  ],
  "CustomFields": {}
}

So the only difference is the line

"SalesOrder": "816e4f82-6d47-4815-8d34-eae53391ebf9",

which is the reference key to the sales order it was copied from.

Which version of Manager are you using? When checking API there are no "Object.*" items. Also noted that you have Object references in the spreadsheet like 2012, 2010, 2008 and this is also reflected in the Name. However, the screenshot with the edit screen is not referring to any of these items.

So not sure what we are looking at with this spreadsheet. Maybe you can tell us how you got to the spreadsheet information.

Below is a better demonstration showing two sales invoices, from previously posted table, that do have account shown in Manager, but just one of them has the account shown in the API data

In this sales order an inventory item is already selected from the dropdown

Then the sales order is copied to sales invoice

The sales invoice automatically shows the account for inventory sales as an inventory item is being sold.

Then on the other hand this sales invoice was done manually, that is without use of sales order. Account is also shown:

So as the two sales invoices above both show the account why is the sales invoice made from sales order not also showing the inventory sales account in the API data as the manually made sales invoice does ?

@ealfardan, but still the sales invoice is showing the account… I didn’t have any record in suspense as the record is in sales invoices records

the latest 22.1.60

This is extracted from the API as I said in my first post. I use Excel Power Query which can dig into the “deeper layers” of the API and therefore the sales invoice table has 41 columns of data

Yes, because you’ve setup your item to go to that account, which it did. The problem as I see it is whether the account field fundamentally belongs on the sales order or not. Apparently, there has been a change in how the program work but it shouldn’t have an effect on your general ledger in any case.

Yes, that is my argument, if an item is linked to an account, here inventory sales, why should the use of a sales order to make the sales invoice clear out the data of such linkage in the API records.