(Netherlands) How to book 'forfaitair' quarterly 10 EUR so it shows up in Concept BTW Aangifte report?

Every quarter, I need to pay 10 EUR BTW (VAT) for my solar panels to the Dutch tax agency (for producing electricity). How can I book a VAT only payment? Thanks for your help!

Just create a payment and assign to the VAT expense account. So you need to create an Expense account such as “VAT for Solar Electriciy Production” in your Chart of Accounts (Settings).

1 Like

Thank you, sorry, new to this, so I create a new group, add it under profit and loss: other expenses or liabilities: revenue tax? And then create a payment for that account? And I need it to be tax only, no revenue, I do not see an option for that, for example I created a payment like this:

Account Tax Tax Amount Total

1 VAT for Solar Electriciy Production BTW 21% 1.74 10.00

Total € 10.00
Includes BTW 21% € 1.74

(Edit) Actually it might be a limitation of the Concept BTW Aangifte that doesn’t know how to put it into 1a Omzetbelasting? A workaround seems to be to add a dummy receipt that for 47.62 + 10 EUR, which makes the 10 EUR work but adds an extra 47.62 revenue, I guess I just need to manually add the 10 EUR.

No, a new account as expense account (liabilities, etc are Balance sheet ones), you can group it under any other liability group.

Hi Beukenootje,

I’m a Dutch accountant, and I have the proper solution for you in Manager, how to solve your problem,
At the moment, I’m on a weeks holiday, but coming week I will post the solution in this forum. Have a little patience.
Kind regards
Hennie EErhart.

1 Like

In my test business I’ve done it as follows:

1 Like

Thank you all for your help, the Solution works for me.

Unfortunately the given solution is not correct because the VAT due is not shown in the right section.
You have to create a new VAT-code as per the screenshot below.
You can than make a journal entry (memoriaalboeking) where you post (debit) he amount due say € 100,- and you use the new VAT-code. As credit entry, you post the same amount on your capital-account as a capital-deposit (Kapitaalstorting).
When you book it this way your amount due of € 100,- will show up in the report "Concept BTW-aangifte in the right section being “Prive gebruik”.

Lots of success,
Hennie Eerhart.

I don’t know where you got this info from but the Dutch Tax Authority (Belastingdienst) is pretty clear about it on their website:

You are right, but my solution about how to book the VAT is still the only correct one.
On my screenshot about the new VAT-code, you have to select VAT 21% in stead of BTW Privegebruik and it will show up in the right section of the VAT-declaration form.
Kind regards,
Hennie

Gave it a try, so it shows up in the 1a column but as -10 now instead of +10, here’s what I did:

, the BTW 100% is basically a copy of privegebruik with BTW 21% to end up in the right column/cell in the report.

Have you got the debit and credit the wrong way around?

Yeah, think so, changed it. Seems better, and I assume I can the add a payment (or receipt) from the tax office for the actual tax transfer from/to the bank account?