Manager Tools (mtools.io) - Building your feature requests for Manager.io

Hi @ShaneAU

Is this something that you are still proceeding with or would it be possible for me to hire a developer to implement the following features: Don’t even know if these can be done via an api?

1. Status of quotes, sales orders and Purchase Orders to use same concept has unpaid/paid invoices red (lost business), green (for successful sale), orange (for open), grey/silver for archived and blue for chase up - Status of quotes, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders Idea I have accepted that this idea will never be implemented in Manager as it has been asked for by many different users for more than 5 years and there seems to be a lot of resistance to making the quotes and orders tab work the same way the invoices tab works. So I will have to develop it myself as it is now becoming impossible to manage without this feature

2. Some solution to link serial numbers from supplier to client so that when I buy a laptop from a supplier, I can input the serial number and then when I sell that laptop, I can select the serial number. Obviously if I buy ten laptops, I have ten serial numbers and I need to select the right serial number for the laptop I am selling. I don’t know how this would work in practice, but I need to keep track of serial numbers (from both supplier, on hand and customer point of view) for warranty purposes etc. For my line of work selling IT equipment like laptops, this is a major issue for me and does impact very negatively on my ability to track where a specific inventory item came from and went to. At the moment I have no system in place to track serial numbers.

3. MTD VAT, MTD Corporation, MTD Self Assessment HMRC API. Also RTI Payroll API to link directly to HMRC

4. Ability to drill down on Budgets and on Summary Page via Categories or something. For budgeting, so I can see how I calculated a figure. For Summary Page I want to break up the inventory cost and inventory sales into inventory categories such as laptops/computers/whiteboards or on my personal accounts break up the Food Account into vegetables, meat, dairy etc

5. Import serial numbers and till slips using barcode reader, but enabling users to define what accounts items go into after being scanned so carrots on till slip go into vegetables etc?

6. Ability to change colours of Manager as I don’t like the grey yellow look which is a bit bland.

These are some of the sort of things that I am interested in with status of quotes and orders being my most burning issue to solve. Status of quotes, I accept will never be implemented in Manager so I either need to find a way of getting an API to do this or change my accounting program as I cannot manage anymore without this feature. Custom Fields alleviate the problem somewhat but it has never been a satisfactory workaround, so I don’t use Sales Orders yet because I need a status system like the Invoices tab.

is this the sort of stuff you had in mind for your manager tools?.

1 Like