Manager / Edge Crashes When Adding Attachment (Windows)

Manager randomly and very frequently crashes when adding attachments to payments.
Windows 11, when the “which file” browser window comes up it’s white and the whole thing just hangs until you have to force end task it.

This happens 90% of the time and randomly works occasionally. It was doing for the past hour, worked for 1 entry 10 minutes ago and is now doing it again. All storage connections are fine, no other programs or instances have been opened.

Fully up to date version of manager, been a problem since v23 and previously

During these constant issues when using Manager - and ONLY when using Manager - it will always kill my LAN connections and access to my drives

You hardly provide any useful information. For example we are in 2024 and you refer to a Manager version in 2023 without details. There were hundreds of releases in 2023.

You also do not provide screenshots, etc. If you expect help then provide as much details as possible because as far as we can see on this forum you are the only one out of the many users that report this. So it usually is particular to your own system. Forum users can help but only with a lot more info.

I literally said it’s the fully up to date version and has been an issue SINCE v23 and before.
What do you want a screenshot of, a white screen?

And if you use the search there are other people who have posted this issue in the past.

I gave you my version, my OS, a description of what happens, when and where it happens and the consequences. Aside from a picture of a white square I don’t quite know what else you want

Here you go, here’s a screenshot

You need to list the version number because even in one day there could be several. The current download with version numbers is at Manager.io

So why did you not post in the existing topics and decided to create a new one?

No that’s fair, my version is: v24.1.19.1287

The fully up to date latest version, I downloaded it and updated before I posted

The other threads were old and, as you say, the versions change all the time even by the day so wouldn’t be relevant

@Cinobite,

It seems like a Windows issue since the File Dialogue prompt is a Windows component and I’m not sure whether there’s anything Manager can do about it, unfortunately.

See if this helps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-dialog-window-makes-most-program-on-windows/ecf27eb6-b0bd-4e00-813d-e66c411240af

You need to be more specific about your version of Windows 11 - edition (Home, Pro, …) 32- or 64-bit, version number

Also this could be a network issue if the Windows File Dialogue can’t access network resources