Lock Date bug

Hi, I’ve noticed that in several areas of Manager the dropdown calendars allowing you to select the date of the entry no longer offer the option to choose ‘Today’. This hasn’t happened in all areas, but so far I have noticed it in billable time, bank reconciliations, and reports. Having the ‘Today’ option was very helpful and I’m presuming the loss of it in some areas is just a bug in the latest update?

Another worrying issue related to the calendar, which I have noticed in billable time is that the system is now allowing users to billable time entries with dates that predate the lock date. I have already had two members of staff inadvertently add billable time entries for 2020, instead of 2021, because they have clicked on the double arrow at the top of the calendar, instead of the single arrow, which means they are being taken to a date in the preceding year, instead of the preceding month… a very easy mistake to make.

Will these bugs be rectified? Thanks

I can confirm that Billable time can be generated with dates that predate the lock date in 21.3.1.

The issue has been raised already on the forum Today button - Manager Forum. I don’t think it a bug, the Date Picker is being changed. I have changed your topic because of this.

Lock date issue fixed in the latest version (21.3.4)

Thanks Abeiku. I did a search for the issue, but obviously didn’t use the right search
words, as I didn’t find it.

Great, I just tested it and it no longer lets you enter pre lock date dates. Will the ‘Today’ button be returning soon… it’s still missing. Thanks