Line description default

When editing payments the description field has to be activated with each new item. Is there a way to have the description field always visable?

Yes. Go to Settings > Form Default > Payment.

From there you can check the box and update and then it will be checked by default.

To be clear, the Line description box should be checked under Form Defaults for every type of transaction where you want it to appear regularly.

The same capability applies to every single field on every type of transaction form.

1 Like

I thought I would update. Thanks for the helpful replies. When I first changed the Form Defaults and tried it on an already downloaded but not categorized transaction, NO LUCK, the line description did not appear. I followed up with two actions, I updated to the latest version (mine was not that old) and I downloaded new transactions. The line description miraculously appeared. Not sure action which did the trick but I thought my experience might be helpful to others.

It was the newly downloaded transaction that picked up the change in your Form Defaults. Modifications of Form Defaults do not change existing transactions. Although your previously downloaded transactions were uncategorized, they existed within the database. So, sorry to say, no miracles were involved.

I just updated from 21-6-25 to 21-7-38 and then downloaded a boatload of bank transactions. As I process these none have the Line Description box revealed. The Form Default window has the Line Description box checked as before??

@rungek, are you sure you have the box checked for both the Receipt and Payment forms? They used to be the same form, with only a dropdown box to toggle between the two types of transactions. Now they are both separate forms and need to be set separately under Form Defaults.

Yes