Liability is zero but shows on the trail balance report

My Liability shows zero and it is actually zero and cleared as you can see in the first attachment on the summary page. Everything is fine on the summary page.

However when generating reports i.e. trail balance it shows the liability for the employees. could that be a technical issue?

manager_summary_page

1. Show the Edit screen of the Trial balance report.
  2. Show the Summary Edit screen (see screenshot below)

@eko here is the edit screen, btw, i dont have the options which shows for you.

Number 2 is from the Summary Screen. You need to click the Edit Button:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 14.37.51

@eko right, here is the screen shot for number 2
manager_Summary edit screen

@Bayar_Shahab, your screen shots of reports do not show the headings, so it is not clear whether they are for the same time periods. Based on your last shot, the Summary shows the entire history of the business.

Doesn’t the balance sheet side of the summary always show the entire history? :wink:

Yes, @VACUUMDOG, but the Trial Balance does not. The complaint was that the two disagree, yet we are not seeing the full picture.

1 Like

@Tut thanks for your comment. yes the trial balance has the same time periods of the summary. the fact is we do not have any liabilities and all are cleared as shown on the summary page, i dont understand why it shows on the trial balance, balance sheet, P&L…etc.

The trial balance is from the period 1/3/2023 to 31/12/2023 but on summary you period is from the very beginning till today. So 11320.47 liability was on 31/12/23 which you paid later.

So no both periods are not same from what i can see from your screenshots.
Select same period on summary page too (1/3/2023 to 31/12/2023) and then check.

thanks @shahabb for your comment, I found out what was the issue, when we have cleared out the liability account the date was wrong, it was registered in 2024 however it should have been 30 December 2023 that is why it was showing in the reports still. thanks @eko @Tut and @shahabb for your comments and contribution.

Clearing liability of employee is usually done through payments. So its not necessary to clear that account on 31.12.23 unless you have paid all your employees on 31.12.23 that account is going to have some balance. So changing dates of payment might get you into some other trouble.

I understand that, as a matter of fact, it was recorded in the payments and paid, the date was not correct.