Less: Receipt - not wanting to show on Invoice

Hello,

I would like to send out an origanal older invoice to a customer again.

But because payments for other invoices for that customer have been made, I get the line “Less: Receipt — XX-XX-XXXX” on the invoice. I do not want to show that on the invoice.

Is there an easy way to show an invoice again without this information?

1 Like
  1. Create a PDF or use a Print to PDF capability of your operating system. Then use a PDF editor to obscure the mini-statement with a blank rectangle.

2. Write a custom theme to leave those lines out of the totals section.

But honestly, why does it matter? Do you believe your customer does not know they paid?

1 Like

I think this should be an option on invoice to either show mini-statement for invoice itself, for the entire customer account or no mini-statement at all.

6 Likes

Agreed

OK yes, because this is leading to a lot of confusion with customers and not needed discussions and explanations. It’s also legally required to be able to show the original invoice.

Each time manually obscuring invoices with a PDF editor, is not really a reason to use a highly advanced bookkeeping system like Manager.

It would be highly appreciated if something can be developed in the standard program showing the original invoice, without mini statement

1 Like

Agreed

It’s recommended to search the guides and the forum before starting a new topic because nearly everything is 1) explained in the guides, 2) already present on the forum. In this case searching the forum would have resulted in, e.g., this topic.

Yes I did look at this, but the solution mentioned is not one that is simply implemented. I tried the things mentioned here, but could not get it working. I do have to say I am not a code wizzard or so…

Well, it’s clearly explained in the other topic so asking the exact same question again in this new topic won’t result in a different answer. Normally @Tut would have told you to continue in the other topic and closed this one.

Added to the latest version (22.7.10.186)

There is now checkbox which you can use to remove Balance due from invoice.

4 Likes

Maybe I am not understanding the issue. From a basic point of view I thought it logical to alert a customer to outstanding balances. We sue automatic which just ensures that monies paid by a customer for one or more invoices clears the oldest invoices and alerts balances if any due in others. Disabling this may give a customer the wrong idea that they either did not pay or partially pay an invoice. making it “hidden” does not necessarily mean the customer still owes the business. @Lubos maybe some clear explanation from you how this is beneficial will help understanding this. Thanks!

@eko this is just an option so invoice layout is not modified by subsequent transactions. Some businesses might prefer invoices being “frozen in time” and issue customer statements to show customers how much they owe.

1 Like

I agree with @lubos. In addition, some local regulations may also require not to modify the issue document.

@lubos will this be implemented anytime soon?

@romangarg, what are you referring to? This idea was already implemented. See post #10.

@Tut option to show mini statement for the “entire customer account” has not been implemented yet.

You need to explain what you mean by “the entire customer account.” There is no such report or transaction. Use terminology from the program, not things you make up on your own. And this topic was about removing the mini-statement, not showing it. So if you want to discuss that subject, you need to start a new topic.

@Tut I think you should ask lubos what he meant by “entire customer account”. My interpretation is that he meant option to show something like customer balance within the invoice, a feature which many users have requested from long time.
And i asked lubos here because his above quoted post is also from this topic…

Why do you think everyone as ameatur wrt manager? I think you should learn to appreciate other people knowledge as well…