Issue with currency symbol

Thanking you for providing us with multi functional software which actually get half of my work done in minutes.

i am facing issue with INR currency symbol.i have installed rupee font on my pc as well.but still its showing as small block by side of amount. Even the INR suffix is not working on my software.

Have you searched the forum on this subject? There have been previous questions about this exact topic.

yes i have searched the forum and refereed the previous topic as well .but it cant helped me out with any resolution… i even tied downloading latest version as well.

My understanding is that because this symbol has been introduced only 5 years ago, many computers don’t contain it yet. Especially older computers.

Out of curiosity, what’s your operating system?

Here is some relevant information from Wikipedia:

Ubuntu became the first operating system to support the Indian rupee symbol by default. Since its 10.10 version it has supported the symbol out of the box,[28] as it was added to the Ubuntu font family by a contributor.[29] Since then, it has been included in various GNU/Linux distributions.

On 18 May 2011, Microsoft released an update KB2496898[30] to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems to include support for this new Indian rupee symbol. With the Windows update, it is now possible to use alt code text entry to obtain the Indian Rupee symbol – Alt 8377. On systems running Windows 8, the symbol can be typed using the English (India) keyboard layout with the key combination Alt Gr+4.

Apple Inc. has added support for the rupee symbol with iOS 7. Mac OS X Lion (10.7) also includes the new Indian rupee symbol and can be found in the Character Viewer. As of Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), users using the Devanagari keyboard can enter the new Indian rupee symbol by typing Option/Alt+4 (a combination that yields the Cent symbol on a US keyboard layout).

Hi,
i am using Windows 7 operating system.
have read several articles on google for installation of Indian rupee font but that doesnt helped me out.
i dont need india rupee font on my system just INR prefix will also work.

Thanks for your help…

Is the India rupee font separate from INR, just as $ is separate from USD.
Why do you want to use INR, rather then the rupee font?

Just in case if Rupee symbol is not available INR would be good enough to differentiate indian rupee in multiple currency :slight_smile:

Since you have mentioned you are using Windows 7, have you tried installing KB2496898?

See: An update to support the new currency symbol for the Indian Rupee in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 but INR is shown as special Character also the Hindi font is read by Manager while entering the billing details, but when generating Pdf from Manager itself both Hindi and INR Sign is printed as special character