Issue/bug - investments: Investment gain/loss

[Background]
The version used before update: v24.6.29.1700
the Business have some Investments and sold (some has realised gain and others realised loss). An transaction automaticly created (associated with Investment Gain/Loss), if there were a realised gain/loss (difference from original price).

I don’t use the “Market Price” function in the Investment Tab.

[Problem]
Today (28-Aug-2024 around 19:10 NZST), I downloaded the newest update desktop software (V24.8.28.1826), Now the ‘automatic’ value in the Investment Gain/Loss Account completely disappeared (for all gains and losses)

How should I proceed with this?

Should I use a previous version?

Is there a solution?

Is this a bug?

Thanks

1 Like

The current version does not support calculation of realised gain, worse it obscures the actual transactions and totals if any unrealised gain data is entered. Which unfortunately makes it unusable and error prone for taxable transaction calculations.

As a result I’m using the older version and looking at disabling the investment tab and doing all calculations manually. Which is a pity as the work done for unrealised gains is excellent, it just needs to be applied to user selected control accounts separate to the actual accounting transactions (realised gains) accounts.

2 Likes