Ireland

the appearance of tax codes on printed documents should be as below to accommodate various requirements.

Single rate tax code

• Name = backend
  • Label = line item tax rate column & Totals section

Multiple rates tax code

• Name = backend
  • Label = line item tax rate column
  • Tax rate Name = Totals section
1 Like

Yeah, I agree too. Fixed in the latest version (21.11.43)

I see that WZM has asked for the figures rounded to whole euros for the German tax report

This is also a feature of the Irish tax report, but I felt that the users could work the values out themselves when they entered the report to the revenue authorities website

@Joe91 you can use new pseudo reporting category called Round down to remove decimals from the report cell.

Round down - ok I will have look but why down and not just round?

There will be rounding problems in any case, but I am going to lose any sleep over rounding differences and I don’t suppose tax authorities will either

I can add Round to the nearest too. Some tax authorities require you to round down, some round to the nearest, some to round up. So we will need at least 3 rounding methods eventually.

Adding Round to the T3 and T4 fields of the VAT3 has invalidated the script which set the value to 0 for which ever one was not needed

Yeah, the script is very fragile because IDs will change if cell is modified.

But I think we might not need script at all. There could be pseudo reporting category which would set the number to zero if negative.

In my other report, it is a bit tedious having to add Round to each field

Could we not have an option on the report Rounding(Yes or No) as in P & L for example?

I don’t want to go down that road. I’ve noticed that some tax authorities allow you to mix rounding methods on single report “in your favour” so this really needs to be done per cell even if tedious.

Unfortunately that will mean the total are wrong.

• All jurisdictions round interim values.
  • The total is the sum of the rounded interim values
  • That is not the same as summing un-rounded values then rounding

@Patch it probably depends on tax authority. I imagine most do not care and either way is fine. The whole idea of reporting whole figures only is wrong to start with as it creates mess in double-entry accounting systems.

If tax authority insists on your method, then that will need to be solved with custom script on report transformation.

all tax authority have a worksheet. Most have rounding. All state later values are sum of earlier values. The issue is always there, what varies is if Manager implement local requirements or not

@lubos I appreciate this is inconvenient for Managers current localisation approach however if the jurisdictions worksheet didn’t require rounding of intermediate values, then they would not show intermediate values are to be rounded. Similarly the totals would be expressed in terms of full precision references not rounded intermediate values. However no tax authorities express their required tax calculation in that manner.

How do I get the new localisations into an existing business using the Windows Desktop version?

I have updated the business details to select Ireland as the country and the two new Report Transformations appear in the reports tab but neither the new tax codes nor tax reporting categories have been imported and appear in Setting.

The Tax Reporting categories do appear in the drop-down list when if I update my legacy Tax Codes but are not listed in the Settings/Tax Report Categories page

I have 5 legacy tax codes I previously used and which I cannot remove or delete - is this the reason?

I’m working on a mechanism that will generate a guide for each country to assist with existing businesses. Generally speaking, on your existing tax codes you just need to set reporting categories on them correctly. The guide will cover what reporting category to select on which tax code and how.

I need to recode some of the transactions as previously I had one code for sales and purchases and now I have two separate codes.

is this being worked on? this might be useful for our localization reports.