Invoice date becomes the entry date

Hi Everytime we create an invoice, the invoice date shown it the sales module is the entry date and not the invoice date. Is there any way to correct this?

Thank you

How can the system know what date the invoice should be until you enter it?

By default, it is the current date but you can change it to whatever date you want?

Hi Joe,

This is the print screen of the booking date of the invoice I created:

This is how my sales transaction in the dashboard looks like:

The invoice date is year January 31, 2022 but it appears in the dashboard as February 17, 2023

Thanks

If you are viewing ledger on cash basis, then invoices enter ledger when paid.

We are using accrual basis of accounting.

I am just thinking if there is a bug with the system.

The screenshots only show a part so please use Windows’ Snipping Tool to select en area.

What you are showing are inventory transfers and I don’t understand what you are doing because you created an inventory location (INVENTORY WHAREHOUSE) as a customer and use invoices for the transfers? Why? An inventory location is indicated in a supplier invoice or a goods receipt and the inventory transfer is done from the Inventory transfer tab indicating the different inventory locations.

If you are dealing with inventory, then cost of goods sold can be allocated to expense account only once cost of goods sold is known.

Perhaps, you have sold the item on 31/12/2022 but you were running negative inventory and purchased negative parts in 17/02/2023.