Inventory Items not converting into foreign currency

When placing a new sales invoice the inventory items in base currency are not converting into foreign currencies. Only the code of currency is changing

You should not expect that to happen. Sales prices entered when defining inventory items are just for convenience. They are not associated with any currency. So when you select inventory items on a sales invoice for a foreign-currency customer, the number is filled in, but no currency conversion takes place.

If you routinely sell in multiple currencies, you would probably be wise to leave the sales price blank when defining inventory items.

I think It’s a good idea to make the prices associated with currencies.
It will make things a lot easier.

1 Like

There was recently an associated discussion invoicing in forex with a similar problem that wrongly copies the forex amount number to the default currency. The advice to leave it all blanc would be a quick fix but it would be good if this can be resolved better by better handling of foreign currencies, after all, many of us transact in multiple currencies as trade is global. So I hope someone can push this to ideas.

I think if this upgrade is made the software will be more professional and reliable