Inventory Import issue

Is there a problem with inventory batch import function ? I’ve been try to import some items but I cannot get the purchase and sales price to come through, I’ve done this in the past with no issues but now I can’t get it to work, I’ve formatted my spreadsheet as text, as numbers, and currency… all have failed,
I’ve used IOS numbers, open office spreadsheet and google sheets. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks MC

Eliminate the Euro symbol from the spreadsheet you paste in. Prices for inventory items are simply numbers. That way, they will come across generally as being in your base currency. But if, for example, you have an inventory item only sold to customers with a specific currency, the numbers will be applied as though they were in the currency of the customer.

Hi Tut
Formatted as plain numbers, then as text… still not coming through

@martincrowe what is your number format under Settings ? I suspect your business has comma as decimal separator but when you are batch creating, you are trying to use dot as decimal separator.

That’s it… thanks very much.

Hi @lubos
Just noticed that the inventory starting balance column is missing, have I done something wrong on this ?

The new approach is to enter relevant transactions to establish starting balances.

We are migrating from an existing system, we have 4759 inventory items, what’s the most efficient solution to transfer these ?

Batch create,

Hi Eko
From what I can see the batch create function has changed lately and now there is now option to add starting balances, I remember when we were testing back a few months ago it was an option but I think it has been removed.

See Inventory Item Registration and Opening Balances - #3 by lubos