Import Multiple Sales Invoices Form .csv file

Hi, is there any way to import sales invoices from .csv file?

Probably not as easily as you will have hoped but if you wanted to persue that approach read this section of the guides

Batch Operations: Use Batch Create and Batch Update functions | Use the Batch Delete function | Use the Batch View function

You will need to

1. create some representative invoices in Manager manually
  2. Use batch update to understand the details of the format you will need too produce
  3. Use an external program to format your data to that required to import it into Manager (the batch create format is identical to batch update except it does not have the final “Key” field).
  4. Use batch create to import your invoices into Manager

also keep in mind that if yo have multiple lines in the invoice they are to be included in one single cell

@patch patch has shown you how to do them

I’m going to be changing that soon. Even though this will increase number of columns substantially, it is important there is 1:1 match between spreadsheet cells and text fields in Manager.

This will be a blessing,
it will facilitate migration to Manager,
POS users will be able to choose between making a single invoice for the day or exporting from POS and import all in Manager etc

but i dont understand why should the number of columns increase ? maybe you meant rows ?

1 Like

I think additional rows would be more ergonomic for users.

with multiple lines in a record the options are

1. Multiple sets of columns for each line. This solution is used by the Australian tax office for single touch payroll “Other expenses”.

2. Separate end of line and end of record markers. This is what Manager has used in the past. However if < cr > is used for an end of line marker, then a different marker well be required for end of record together with a protocol and error handling mechanism.

In my opinion, despite option 1 looking a bit messy, it is actually cleaner as it avoids an inter-record protocol and associated error handling.

Maybe put “Key” field at start and repeating groups of invoice line fields at the end of each cvs line. That would mean blank lined could not be used at the bottom of an invoice (without a space in description or similar).