Import GST on gst report

@Lubos we are supposed to put the GST on imports in the purchases in the credit adjustment box(13).
and it is not there.

Boxes 9 and 13 are features of your government’s form. They are not populated in Manager because Manager has no data to add to them; they are not represented by any transactions stored by the program.

There may be misprogramming of the form related to assignment of transactions by tax code. But documentation would be required before any changes are made. Can you provide that?

This Quote does not make sense .We put the data into manager. I realise its a govt form. and box 13 is represented by the user putting customs tax paid into it.Customs tax paid is a tax credit and is supposed to go into box 13

This is an extract from IRDs GST workbook See last part

Include GST on credit adjustments in Box 13.
Business use of private/exempt goods and services for annual or period-by-period
adjustments
Private assets used for business costing less than $18,000 (a one-off adjustment)
Change of accounting basis
Credits at 15% GST rate (such as: late claims, debit and credit notes, finance lease
payments)
Other (such as: bad debts written off, GST content shown on Customs’ invoices)
Total credit adjustments. Copy this total to Box 13 on your return.

What a good come back . Yes I have offered “proof” and yes I have tons of stuff I can show. I offered to upload the GST book but you can not upload things through here that I am aware of.I think there are enough of us NZ accountants on here to ask. and believe it or not box 9 also gets used thats why its on the IRD GST form they didnt put box 13 or 9 on there to just fill up the space

Lubos did say our gst form handled customs tax and I did address the post to him to say to him(@lubos) that the tax should go into box 13 of the return.

Let me try to explain more. Many countries’ tax forms include fields for unusual or irregular adjustments. Basically, these are meant for items that fall outside normal accounting practices or involve unusual circumstances, but for which some means must be provided for making the necessary adjustments. Whether you need to make adjustments depends partly on your accounting system’s methodology, specifically whether the transactions are captured elsewhere.

All amounts resulting from application of tax codes in Manager are posted by default to the Tax payable account. Therefore, if you have recorded a taxable transaction, that is where the tax ends up. And that is where the GST Return is programmed to look. The program does not know to look anywhere else, even if you created custom tax codes posted to accounts you added. In other words, all taxable transactions recorded in Manager are captured via the Tax payable account. Consequently, there are no adjustments to be made unless you have something that—for whatever reason—you have not entered in Manager.

Since the program will not look elsewhere, it has no source for transactions that might be included in fields 9 and 13. Although the line labels are present, no fields actually exist.

Now, as to what actually belongs in these fields, your forms and publications are fairly clear. IR375, pp. 25 - 36, provides detailed instructions for calculation. Adjustments include apportionment of GST for personal versus business use, barter, home office expenses, business entertainment, cell phones, and so forth. Generally speaking, such adjustments are not captured anywhere by Manager. You would need to make manual calculations to figure such adjustments.

GST paid to NZ Customs is a special case. However, while there is a tax code for imports, there is not a separate account for accumulation of tax paid. Instead, the tax paid is debited to Tax payable like any other purchase. So it might be considered that the purchase is already covered, although this might contradict the instruction not to include such purchases on line 11.
Remedying that, though, would involve much more than reprogramming the GST Return and is not likely to happen soon, if at all. So you may have to use the Tax Summary report to manually extract such purchases and their associated taxes from line 11 in order to make the adjustment calculation.

Whether that is really necessary under NZ law is beyond my expertise. It may be, however, that the current situation would satisfy the IRD.

Actually as The system includes GST on imports and its not a custom field or added in tax code by user I would of thought it just looked in the Tax Payable for GST on imports it separates them for the tax summary and any tax reports so would of thought it could separate them for the return.
I was not concerned about the "Other adjustments because that can be done other ways But as the way of the world is alot of stuff is imported by people for resale so the import GST is a main GST credit. I alone have 10 clients who import and pay customs GST. And yes I have always used the Tax summary report after allowing for an anomaly.

Dont worry I did it myself it took 3 adjustments wasnt hard

(The last 3 lines of code)
(Cell style= input that makes the square box around it )

Ok I changed the rows 25,26,27,28 to
{% assign C11 = totalPurchases[GST_15] | plus: totalImports %}
{% assign C12 = taxOnPurchases[GST_15] | default: 0.00Format: 0.00 %}
{% assign C13 = GSTOnImports| default: 0.00Format: 0.00 %}
{% assign C14 = C12 | minus: C13 |times: -1 | Format: 0.00 %}

@Wornout currently GST on Imports will show under C12 row. Are you saying it shouldn’t show under C12 and should show under C13 instead?

Sorry been away @lubos
OK so it goes like this
Box 11 → Total pruchases and expenses including GST for which tax invoicing requirements have been met EXCLUDING and imported goods
Box12 → Multiply box 11 by 3 and divide by 23
Box 13 → Credit adjustments which is
1)Private assets Adjustment used in business
2) Adjustments used in home office
3) other credit adjustments
4) Bad debts written off
5)GST content on customs invoices
6) adjustments for imput tax at 12%
So numbers 1-4 and 6 most of us accountants adjust else where but the 5 is the important one .
Box 14 add box 12 and 13 and thats the total GST for expenses
Box 15 the diffrence between box 10 and 14
If Box 14 is larger than Box 10 the difference is your GST refund Refund
If Box 10 is larger than Box 14 the difference is GST to pay GST to pay

Sales
Box 5 → Total sales and income for the period(including GST and any zero-rated supplies)
Box 6 →Zero-rated supplies included in Box 5
Box 7 →Subtract Box 6 from Box 5
Box 8 →Multiply the amount in Box 7 by three (3) and then divide by twenty-three (23) 8
Box 9 →Adjustments from your calculation sheet(which most of us adjust manually somewhere else)
Box 10 → Add Box 8 and Box 9. This is your total GST on sales
Hope that helps, I kind of done it myself but it does not handle if there is no GST on purchases or no GST on sales there is just import GST it turns box 14 to a negative and says GST to pay. I just have not had time to go back and redo it

Hi @lubos did you have a look at this?