Import Bank Account

Hi,

When import bank statement in CSV format the “Payee / Payer” column would update “Payer” type to “Other” and put the text alongside it. Since upgrade to 21.1.11 the csv import does not update as it used to. My columns are Date Payee Reference Description Amount.

Can you illustrate this with screen shots?

Thank you for your response.

The new version does not update the Payer field and description as it used to in the older version.

Diets Nieuwoudt.

CSV file Input

image001.png

Screenshot of previous interface

image003.jpg

Second screenshot using same file format, just changed the date so as not to duplicate:

image007.jpg

When was the statement that led to your 23.02.2019 payment imported? Based on the date, it was before the classification of payer/payee as Customer/Supplier/Other was implemented. So looking at that transaction now, it would default to Other.

Thank you for your prompt response!

I cannot remember the exact date, but the CSV file was created on 12 July 2019.

My I please ask the format of the CSV to allow me to use the Customer/Supplier/Other import?

Also, please accept my full appreciation and gratitude for a brilliant piece of software. I firmly believe you are changing millions of lives, and saving millions of dollars (or whatever currency) for you users.

Kind regards,

Diets Nieuwoudt

Hi,

I have not heard from you again. Should I just accept that the functionality present in last year’s version - where importing a bank statement CSV file updated the Payer Type to “Other” and carried the “Payee” text from the csv file as part of the import - is no longer available. If that is the case, may I request suggestions on how to do it with the present release?

Thank you.
Diets

Batch import requires use of the format and columns specified for the version of Manager you are using.

Manager receipt / Payment tab has been upgraded during the last year. The enhanced functionality is also seen in the batch create / update interface.

To understand the enhanced interface use batch update and look at records similar to what you want to create. Then create appropriate entries for batch create.

Btw linking to customer/ supplier entries will enable Manager to provide reports simply not possible with the old free text names. Embracing it now is likely to enhance your businesses management in the future.

Patch

Thank you for your response. I am trying to create a batch input that will complete these fields in the Payment Capture.

image003.jpg

What I basically need is an explanation on how to map the batch input fields to the fields on the capture screen

Type

Date

Reference

BankAccount

Description

Lines.Item

Lines.Account

Lines.MemberAccount

Lines.BillableExpenseCustomer

Lines.BillableExpenseSalesInvoice

Lines.Invoice

Lines.Description

Lines.Qty

Lines.Amount

Lines.Discount

Lines.DiscountAmount

Lines.Debit

Lines.Credit

Lines.TaxCode

Lines.TrackingCode

Lines.ProposedAccountAmount

Lines.CustomFields

Lines.CustomerOrSupplier

Contact

BankClearDate

BankClearStatus

InventoryLocation

AmountsIncludeTax

CustomTheme

Theme

AutomaticReference

HasPaymentCustomTitle

PaymentCustomTitle

HasReceiptCustomTitle

ReceiptCustomTitle

PayerPayeeType

Customer

Supplier

Diets

That is why you look at batch update first.

If your businesses has too much data you can

• look first at a test businesses.

• Enter a selection of data to illustrate the range of entries you intend to batch import.

• Enter text in each field you can readily identify.

• Do a batch update and it will demonstrate the format required

Thank you. All you needed to say was “use UUID / GUID” and you would have saved me hours. Also the Date format must dd-Mmm-yyyy eg. 17-Mar-2020