I want to add the discount after the total line, not a column, in the sales

I want to add the discount after the total line, not a column, in the sales invoice

1 Like

You cannot. Discounts could vary by line item. There are also potential tax implications.

I will make a discount on the total before tax

its good idea, but unforunatly there is no such option in manager.
we are doing it by adding new product with name " Discount" and put it in the end of invoice, (as last product) and use negative price.

@Mian_Waqas_Azfar, I hope you’re not using “Discount “ as an inventory item. That would distort your balance sheet. There is already a Guide about adding discounts as line items.

we are not actually using it because we have different tax on different products, so it should be item wise for us.
but i am not sure how it will disort balance sheet, if someone added product “Discount” and baught it with 0 price.

First you said you were doing this, then that you are not actually doing it. Which is it?

As for distorting the balance sheet, the issue is not with fake purchases, but with sales of a non-existent asset at negative pricing, which is financially the same as a purchase. This will have very bad consequences.

i was giving him idea what we can to.

As for distorting the balance sheet, the issue is not with fake purchases, but with sales of a non-existent asset at negative pricing, which is financially the same as a purchase. This will have very bad consequences.

in that case he i hope he can do something with chart of account to handle this problem.

if there is no tac problem, i will love to have discount on total invoice also, because in some cases seller donot want customer know discount to know exact discount on everyitem. if do so, sometimes customers said, just give me this this ans this product on mentioned price and leave rest.
so if a supplier added discount based on total quantity and total sales, he should have option to add discount on total invoice. (it its not disturning balance sheets as you mentioned above)

You cannot fix incorrect accounting with changes to the chart of accounts. Anyone wanting a discount as a separate line must follow the Guide.

1 Like