How To delete All Sales Invoices in Old Business

How To delete All Sales Invoices in Old Business

Why would you like to delete sales invoices?

To do this, you would have to first delete every automatic payment to or payment received against those invoices. When there are no dependent transactions remaining, go to Edit and click the Delete button.

But if you are destroying all invoices of a business, why not just create a new business? You can have as many as you want in Manager.

Thanks you

I have total 2000+ sales invoices so I want delete all invoices at a time because I want My Customer list 100+ customers and Sales Invoice Items

Please guide

Hi Sagar.
Currently Manager does not support this feature. But would be really helpful for many out there, including myself, if there would be check box and delete option for bulk invoices like in your case as well.
We can definitely suggest @lubos to add on a feature in order to bulk delete/VOID invoices using check box or batch delete function. I believe many would not want to lose saved data by creating a new business just to delete/VOID hundreds of invoices at once.

You would not lose any data by creating a new business. The data would be duplicated in the new business.[quote=“Sagar, post:4, topic:5214”]
I have total 2000+ sales invoices so I want delete all invoices at a time because I want My Customer list 100+ customers and Sales Invoice Items
[/quote]

With 100 or so customer and/or sales invoice items, it would be faster to rebuild those lists than delete 2000 invoices. You could use the export and batch functions for some of that work. Even if all data did not come over, filling in the missing information in a spreadsheet before a batch update, or editing the customers and sales invoice items afterwards would still be faster than deleting 2000 sales invoices and all their dependent transactions. Also see the answer to your other question at How to Backup only Customer list in New Business - #4 by Sagar.

1 Like

@lubos I don’t know how difficult it would be, but is it possible in the future to add a feature where you can clone a business template, which would clone the chart of accounts, sales and purchase invoice items, inventory items and both customer and suppliers list as well as bank accounts and any custom things like custom sales invoices or custom fields etc - so in short it would not transfer any transactions across - so effectively one could “delete” all sales and purchase invoices and all bank transactions.

I have just done the very same thing as what Sagar is trying to do - I backed up my personal accounts, then renamed current personal accounts to something else and then imported personal accounts, but I then had to delete all bank transactions and delete all purchase invoices as well as starting balance, before I could start using it. I wanted to keep the purchase invoice items and suppliers, but I wanted to start fresh with the personal accounts now that I have a better understanding of how Manager works.

Hello Everyone,

I tried all the ways to do but nothing any change, So I import my first backup to new business in that got 65 customers and 500+ invoices then delete all invoices and add new customers. This is boring work but don’t have any option.

In new version there are many options are not available in settings like in old version have SALES INVOICE TEMPLATE but not in New Version !!

Kindly request you Please update the Software as per need.

1 Like