How do i create a packing list from an inventory kit

Hi, How do i create a packing list from an inventory kit sold, I have tried delivery notes after invoicing although it only puts the inventory kit product sold as a whole not the indivdual items in that kit. This is important so we can send to the warehouse for packing. Can anyone assist please.

Did you consult Use inventory kits | Manager

You cannot. Inventory kits are sales aids. They require separate procedures for packing purposes, such as standalone component lists for reference by warehouse workers. Customers are not confused: they buy the kit; they receive the kit.

You can use Line description when creating a kit to list all the items inside the kit

1 Like

Hi Rawar. I did that although the problem is it gives you what you describe, but when there is one part that is used for several items then this method does not work , a packing list should breakdown all the parts and add identical parts with one total so the person in the ware house knows how many of that same part to pick. I hope you can assist. I hope @lubos can assist

The view screen of the Item that is produced for sale using inventory kit contains all the parts that were used.

Hi Eko
Im talking about when i invoice a product made from an inventory kit, after invoicing it I need to make a packing list, this packing list should mention all the parts that make up the items sold. How do I do this

It was already made clear by @Tut that “…Customers are not confused: they buy the kit; they receive the kit…”

So if you invoice 5x a kit then the view screen printout of a single kit simply needs to be repeated 5 times by the warehouse staff. You should view the kit as a single sales item the components of which are available in the view screen of that kit.

Alternatively you do not use inventory kits at all and just list the items in a Sales Order that you share wiith the warehouse staff. The Sales invoice would indeed also list all these components.

The packing list is not for the customer but rather the warehouse to dispatch. so if the invoice 5x a kit plus another 5x kit of a different kind are invoiced but they both use the same part then when generating a packing list it should add up those same parts to give you a total of that part to pick from the warehouse. The warehouse staff cannot repeat the order 5 times because parts of the same kind are packed together. Leaving the warehouse staff to add up parts is not feasible but a hassle and will for sure cause issues in the order. also your recommendation of creating a sales order between us and the warehouse is just time consuming and confusing, the admin officer would need to add up each part , this takes time and is not feasible which would create alot of mistakes. ALL inventory programs have the option of a packing list, I just dont understand why a simple feature is not available in manager. I hope some one out there can help. @Tut @lubos

Then you should not use inventory kit for this but just Sales Order as mentioned.

Manager is an accounting application not an inventory one. If you need more advanced inventory management then look elsewhere and use Manager for accounting.

this is correct they require stand alone component lists for reference for warehouse workers, how can i generate these lists automatically after invoicing a customer

If you itemize the Invoice it can serve as packing list as well. You can also create a sales order with delivery note.

this will only give you the whole kit not the sum of each part. I need to be able to create a list of all the parts and the total quantity of each part used in the kits on that particular invoice. manager is great and easy to use, it has all the features we need but we are stuck with this issue. i hope someone out there can modify it to have this option as it is essential for all users i think. @lubos

@huss2023, your complaint is that inventory kits are not convenient for your warehouse staff. I understand. But inventory kits were never designed as warehouse aids. They were intended and designed as sales aids. They work extremely well for what they were intended to do.

The inventory programs you mention were designed for something else. They are also more expensive. Buy the right tools for the job you want to do. And accept that you must pay for them.

@Tut My complaint is inventory kits are a great feature, but if you need to get them ready for the customer how can you do that if the option to print a packing list is not available. I am hoping to use this program if it can be resolved, cloud edition so i am happy to pay for it. i have seen other programs and its not about the money, but rather the simplicity of using manager. i have read heaps of comments ini many topics of users requesting this feature. is it possible for the creators to add this feature or is it available but we dont know where to find it and use it? we are already giving the program all the components for the kit so why isnt the simple feature to re generate the packing list available.

You have already been told several times it is not available. Why do you keep asking?

Because the developer has not elected to include it in the program. Similarly, he does not include inventory kits in calculations of inventory item profit margin.

Sorry but I decided to flag your post because @Tut just stated facts and a question and did not make it personal. On the other hand saying that “…you are rude…” is taking it personal.