I have started a new restaurant and want to keep track of my accounts. Manual accounting is done through books, but i want to get more professional reports.
I have day to day similar entries, so if you guys could help me one time with these entries it could make my life easier.
My restaurant is small and so we do cash sales and cash purchases (not creditors as such). So if someone could help me out on how to post these below entries it would be really helpful.
- Daily cash sales - at the end of each day I take a sales report from my punching system and get the total sales for the day. How to correctly post this as a single sales.
- Cash Purchases - We purchase on a daily basis (Cash only). for example: chicken, eggs, milk, etc basically raw materials for making food.
- Cash expenses - Expenses such as cleaning liquid, petrol for delivery vans, etc. Things that are not related to making food.
- Employee salary (in advance) - we pay our employees on a daily or weekly basis (not fixed amounts) depending on the employees request. how to keep track of all these amounts.
- Savings account - everyday a certain amount is sent to our savings account.
Any help would be really appreciated.