General Ledger Transaction Report

Is it possible to show inline description in general ledger transaction reports?

Not sure what you mean. Kindly add more details. For example, Create a sample transaction and show the information you would like to see displayed in the general ledger report. It will make it easy for others to understand your request and provide a good response or even rally support for your request.

1 Like

But I think if its come from inline description, It will be better for report understanding

@Tut @lubos
@Abeiku
I would like to bring to your attention a suggestion for enhancing the General Ledger transaction report.

Currently, the report displays descriptions from the Main description field for payments and receipts entries. However, I believe it would greatly improve user understanding if the report could incorporate in-line descriptions instead.

In-line descriptions offer a more contextual and detailed insight into transactions, providing a clearer understanding of the associated entries. This small adjustment could significantly enhance the usability of the General Ledger transaction report.

If you leave the top level Description blank, you will get the line descriptions instead.

This setup enables the user to supply the top level Description once for each transaction and leave the line Description blank for all the lines and still have the transaction lines described in report.

Wouldn’t that work for you @Mahfuzur_Rahman?

1 Like