General Ledger Report for multi currency business

I am using manager for last 1 year and this time during audit when I provided general ledger transactions report to auditor, they requested for separate ledgers for each currency. Manager currently converts all currency transactions to base currency and their is no option to manage this.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

General ledger is always in base currency only.

Maybe they are asking for separate ledger for each foreign currency account. But I think the best solution would be if general ledger report would show both base and foreign currency amount. Right?

Thats right Lubos. Auditors are getting really puzzled with auto conversions in base currency. If both base and foreign currency are shown in report, that would make life much simpler.

Check the latest version (16.4.40)

You can use custom reports to specify what exactly you want to extract. For example, to get list of all transactions for December 2015 with amounts in both base and account currency, use this SQL query:

SELECT Date, Account, Description, Amount, Currency, AccountAmount, AccountCurrency FROM GeneralLedgerTransactions WHERE Date >= DateTime(2015,12,1) AND Date <= DateTime(2015,12,31) ORDER BY Account, Date

This will give you list of general ledger transactions with columns:

• Date
  • Account
  • Description
  • Amount
  • Currency
  • AccountAmount
  • AccountCurrency

From 01 Dec 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 sorted by Account name, then by date.

2 Likes