Fixed assets - Bug report for v21.3.3

Just upgraded to v21.3.3 and noticed that the Fixed Assets listing shows all custom fields as expected but when in “edit” mode, the custom fields are no longer shown.

The fields are not gone. They have mistakenly been moved to the same display line with disposal details. So, if you check the box for Disposed fixed asset, they appear. If you leave that box unchecked, they do not show.

I am moving this to bugs.

Thanks @Tut !

Reminder - This still needs to be added to the bugs category. Thanks.

Am I missing something? I cannot see this problem in 21.3.10.

The problem still exists - even in version 21.3.10

See original post for description of the issue. As @Tut indicated, the fields can be made accessible by clicking the “Disposed Fixed Asset” check box, but that is not how it should behave. The fields should be available all the time when in EDIT view.

I still have mine showing

Sorry, I clicked the wrong button yesterday.

Very strange @Abeiku. The bug exists in one of my businesses. In others, it does not, showing the same way as your screen shot (just like it used to).

I cannot see any difference between the way custom fields are used for fixed assets between the various businesses. There is, however, another bug that I will report separately.

Well that is strange. I just created custom fields for a test company that I use and the fields show up as expected.

In my production company, they certainly don’t appear anymore - unless I click the “Disposed Fixed Asset” checkbox. Go figure.

Not sure why.

I’m not able to reproduce the issue yet. If anyone has a test file you can send me where the issue can be demonstrated, that would be great.

Hi @lubos,

I have an example of the issue that I can email to you. Please let me know where to send the backup file to.

Thanks,

Send it to lubos@manager.io.

Thanks @Tut . I’ve sent an example database to @lubos for his review.

Thanks. Should be fixed in the latest version (21.3.17)

Confirmed. All is working as expected now!

Thanks @lubos