Five years of Bank reconcilaitions show £2 error in one account

I just updated Manager to the latest version. Everything looks OK, but in the Bank reconciliations table, one account shows a £2 error in every month going back to 2018. What to do?

There is hardly any information about you entries. The most important is that you entered the right closing balance that matches the bank statement you imported. So from where the problem started you have to check if this is based on a wrong closing balance entry or whatever other suggestions are provided, see guides at https://www2.manager.io/guides/9235 under the section unsuccessful reconciliation.

If this error appeared recently then you must have edited a transaction from 2018 related to that bank account which is causing this issue. Use advance query and timestamp to find that transaction.

You need to click on the earliest 2.00 not reconciled number (blue click on it)

Thank you for responding, eko and shahabb. This shows the Manager Bank reconciliations screen after I updated the version of Manager. All the reconciliations were green beforehand. Now there is an error in the one account going back to 2018. I will try clicking on the earliest entry.

You are right eko. There was a misdated entry for £2. Year 2001 instead of 2021. Correct place found by the reference number. Changing date meant reconciliations worked up to 01/2021. I changed the value of the entry to £0 and made note in the entry. Only an amateur.

I use Manager’s “Lock date” to limit this type of error

1 Like