Feedback on your program

Hi lubus, I don’t understand, if I set a base currency to ARS (Argentine Peso), I see the suffix ARS everywhere, for example, for a 1.000 pesos amount, I see 1.000 ARS instead $ 1.000.

How I do configure Manager to view symbol ‘$’ as prefix instead ARS as suffix? The options Currency Prefix/Suffix is no longer available for my Manager Version.

@hfiscella, $ symbol is too generic and can represent many different currencies. For example, US dollar has symbol US$, Australian dollar has symbol A$. Is there similar symbol for Argentine Peso which would be unique to this currency?

@lubos, there is not a unique symbol to represent Argentine Peso. With function Currency Prefix/Suffix was possible to configure ‘$’ as prefix. For a business started before, this functionality remains, but for new business, this function is no longer available, and I not find way to view, for example, $1.000 on an invoice.

if I chose none base currency, the invoice is viewed as 1.000, if I chose Argentine Peso as base currency, the invoice is viwed as 1.000 ARS.

1 Like

I also think it would be a good idea to restore the Currency Prefix/Suffix setting. When a base currency is set, the resulting invoices are horribly cluttered. For a business operating only under a single currency, there seems no point to enable multi-currencies just to obtain a prefix.

This hasn’t yet been an issue for me, as my business predates the removal of the feature, so I can still use it. But it will be a major aggravation for the next business.

Currency prefix / suffix was a temporary workaround before multi-currency has been implemented.

Well, what I’ll do is that currencies will have preferred symbol (e.g. $) and alternative symbol (e.g. US$ or ARS)

Preferred symbol will be used if it doesn’t conflict with other currencies. For example, if you only use US dollar and no other currency that is using $, you will see $ everywhere instead of US$. The same for Argentine Peso and other currencies which share the same symbols.

1 Like

That should make everyone happy. Do I understand correctly that this would be set under Base Currency and that by setting it, you would actually be enabling multi-currency functions? Just without the printed clutter?

Yes, but Base currency will need one more option to select whether you want single-currency accounting or multi-currency accounting.

Right now, choosing base currency will give you multi-currency accounting automatically but most people just want base currency symbols everywhere without multi-currency overhead. So it will be possible to set base currency without getting multi-currency.

Cool!

That will be nice!