Extentions no longer work in Cloud Version

I’m experimenting with some stuff using the 14 day trial cloud version but it seems that Extensions no longer work. Can anyone confirm this ?

edit: When creating a business choosing a country disables Extensions you have to leave it at Automatic. I don’t know if this classifies as a bug or not.

Extensions are already quite some time under Obsolete Features in Settings. There is no difference between Cloud or Desktop versions. So the only thing I can think of is that you used a very old version of Manager Desktop because Manager Cloud is always up-to-date.

From the the discussion at Emailing of reports:

My desktop version is 23.12.9.1219 which isn’t that old the same line of code that focuses the search field or inventory items:

document.querySelector("input.form-control.input-sm").focus();

works in the desktop version but does not in the cloud version or perhaps this is because I use the trail version I don’t know.

it’s still working

Green on ‘Payment’ using Extention

Yes, if you enabled Extensions in Settings → Obsolete features.

Working fine on trial cloud.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
    document.querySelector("input.form-control.input-sm").focus();
});

@Mabaega Thanks for confirming it is still not working for me I will try a fresh start.
@eko I understand it is an obsolete feature, but the program itself lacks many features that even the dev does not know when it will be implemented. For instance, I use extensions to watch stock levels when creating an invoice

If extensions got removed then it is a deal breaker for me.

@Mabaega When creating a business choosing a country disables Extensions you have to leave it at Automatic. I don’t know if this classifies as a bug or not.

That is your choice, no-one is forced to stick with Manager. If you read the full discussion I linked to in previous post you will note my strong worries about features being lost and the replies @Lubos gave to these. It is of worry that until now no new and better working solutions for Extensions (as you mentioned), PDF emailing from Manager (obsolete PDF generator works but is like extensions obsolete), and Themes (we can not even change the colours of the table columns and rows). I just decided to live with the fact for small businesses that there is no clear roadmap and that surprises can happen. For larger businesses we use other applications. A lot deals with affordability. When comparing with others than Manager still far more useful (we actually use paid Server Edition) and as such decided to stick with the inconveniences that ever so often appear but fundamentally Manager does more than we need and I often argue it should reduce some functionality in favour of even more robust accounting and tax reporting.

1 Like

I use Automatic, the extension is not loaded in the web page if we use or select Country

Yes, that was it thanks for confirming. I edited my first post.