Entering Receipts as Expenses

Is there a quicker way to enter the numerous receipts as expenses? Does Manager support scanning software for reading receipts? Just curious.

~~Kimberly

Receipts are not expenses. That term in Manager refers to money taken in. All terminology in Manager (as in other accounting systems) is from the perspective of the company.

You probably are referring to a document or voucher given to you by a merchant (often referred to as a receipt). Manager does not support scanning a document as a way to enter any transaction, because the necessary accounting information would not be present. However, scanned documents can be attached as supporting information.

Put another way: No, manager does not have the feature built-in, but if you scan/photograph the receipt once the “expense” claim has been created in manager you can attach it (the receipt) to the expense claim.

1 Like

Thank you so much! We (as in the public at large) view cash register
tapes or documents, as receipts. I stumbled on Manager quite by
accident and I have to say I love it.

And from the perspective of the merchant who gave you the document, it is a receipt, because you gave that business money. From your perspective, it represents a payment.

You are correct of course. :slight_smile: